Pop Corn Box With Pop Corn Inside Please Help!!

Decorating By mommynana Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 6:12pm by Maria46

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 12:56am
post #1 of 20

i need to make one in a few monuts for my granddaughter what is the best way to make the box ( with RKT ?) and how about the pop corn? gumpaste ?

19 replies
martinez73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martinez73 Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 1:32am
post #2 of 20

from what i have seen on cc a lot of people use marshmellows.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 1:51am
post #3 of 20

There was a chocolate challenge a few weeks ago on food network where the guy was making popcorn. He took white chocolate (in a disposable bag and cut a little hole in it) and then he stuck the tip of the bag into the an ice water bath. (A pan of ice and water). Anyway, he just kind of squirted the chocolate in the water until it was the size he wanted. And the ice caused the chocolate to form little grooves and stuff that looked like popcorn. And the water caused the chocolate to hold it's shape. It was a pretty neat technique.

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 2:55am
post #4 of 20

I did one for an Old TV Set Cake, used fondant covered cake for the box and fondant to mold the popcorn, paint a dot with black pen and dust some yellow, not as difficult as it sounds and result is very realistic

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1822714/1822721

hope you like it

trishvanhoozer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishvanhoozer Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 3:06am
post #5 of 20

I made a few of these cakes, I used cake for the box, and mini marshmallows for the popcorn. I cut one end of the marshmallows in an X pattern, let it dry a bit and then painted the middle with yellow icing color thinned with water. Let them dry overnight.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 3:09am
post #6 of 20

My popcorn box was b/c iced. They don,t like fondant. I then popped popcorn and mixed with melted marshmellows,like you do rice krispy treats. They absolutlely loved it.Said it tasted so good. After i arranged the most of it , i then went back and picked out the popped corn with the darked spots on it and laid all around the other. They were very pleased.

mommynana Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 3:12am
post #7 of 20

cylstrial, not a bad idea what_a_ cake thats what i want but a little smaller cuz i want it for the top of the cake thamks all

cakeaholic_cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeaholic_cakery Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 2:47pm
post #8 of 20

There is a tutorial here: http://www.satinfinefoods.com/how.htm

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 3:02pm
post #9 of 20

I used REAL popcorn coated with white chocolate...... DOUBLE treat..... They LOVED it....

mommynana Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 3:44pm
post #10 of 20

grama-J, what do u do, just melt white chocolate and pour over pop corn? thanks all u been a great help thumbs_up.gif

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 4:00pm
post #11 of 20

Yes, I just used candy melts.......... kind of drizzle it over the popcorn, and stir and ddrizzle some more....... I think you will like it....... I used the kind you put into the microwave..... I also salted it........ the sweet and salt is SUCH a good combination....... not unlike chocolate covered potato chips icon_wink.gif

mommynana Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 12:08am
post #12 of 20

grama_j never had the chocolate covered potato chip. but i do like the sweet and salt together thanks

mommynana Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 1:38am
post #13 of 20

grama_j i forgot fo ask u how log in advance could i make that,

TracyCorinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyCorinne Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 8:09pm
post #14 of 20

I made popcorn using marshmallows. When you cut the end, the marshmallow "pops", you can do an X or just random cuts on each end. Play around with some and you will be amazed at how real it looks. Then I bought the spray icing in yellow (or you can use an airbrush) and i sprayed the yellow to make it look buttery. It really looked like real popcorn, and was yummy too!

mommynana Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 11:02pm
post #15 of 20

thanks tracycorrine, i`ll have to try that to

mommynana Posted 4 Feb 2011 , 11:12pm
post #16 of 20
Maria46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria46 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 2:33am
post #17 of 20

I just watched the satin ice video on the popcorn bag. Does anyone know how to carve the popcorn bag to look like the way it did in that video (with the sides kind of in like a V?) Have googled and youtubed and can't find any tutorial. Just wondering if anyone here might know of a way to do that. Thanks.

mommynana Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 3:07am
post #18 of 20

I just made this pop corn box, don`t know if this is what you`r looking for.

mommynana Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 3:08am
post #19 of 20

I cant post it look in my photo`s

Maria46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria46 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 6:12pm
post #20 of 20

Mommynana, just looked at your photo. Great job. But what I was talking about is when you look at the cake from the side (your pictures were just from the front). On the satin ice video they have it kind of carved in on the actual sides. But thanks for taking the time to respond.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%