What Can I Use To Cover Cake Boards And Foam Core Boards?

Decorating By zinger60 Updated 27 Aug 2023 , 8:42pm by kakeladi

zinger60 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zinger60 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 1:33am
post #31 of 36

Thanks to the some of the replys I got on here, I found the food safe cellophane at Michaels and of course I used my 40% off coupon icon_smile.gif I wasn't sure where it would be at in the store so I asked someone working there where the food safe cellophane would be. She said they didn't sell it but because of the replys I got on here, I knew they did so I just went to the giftbasket area and found it!!! I bought the biggest roll of it so I hope I like the way it works. It's interesting that the same company that makes the food safe kind also makes other kinds that are colored or decorated with designs but it says that they are NOT food safe. Makes me wonder what the difference would be...maybe just the dye in it????

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 6:25am
post #32 of 36

I looked several times and have never found cellophane at either Michael's or Joann Fabrics that specifically states it's food safe. What am I overlooking?

zinger60 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zinger60 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 7:19pm
post #33 of 36

The food safe cellophane is in rolls on a rack near the wrapping paper. It is with the giftbasket supplies. If you look closely at the roll, it will say that it is safe to be used with food. I think only the clear cellophane says that. The colors and other decorated ones say they are not safe to be used with food. I think every Michaels has this but like I said, if you ask the store workers for food safe cellophane, they will probably say they don't carry it.

TAPG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TAPG Posted 21 Aug 2023 , 10:46pm
post #34 of 36

Hi MadMillie,

Can you explain in detail how you put the shrink wrap on your cake boards?  Thank you for your great idea.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Aug 2023 , 8:38pm
post #35 of 36

HI Tapg;    Just wanted to explain that this is a VERY OLD post and the people who posted no longer visit this site.  You will not get an answer :(  

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Aug 2023 , 8:42pm
post #36 of 36

Tried to add on to my above post but it won't let me.  I did a very quick look-see thru the thread and saw where someone suggested using a hair dryer to heat u p the sjhrink wrap ........... hope that helps 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%