Business Cards - Questions!!

Business By countrycaker Updated 2 Feb 2011 , 12:14am by CakeInfatuation

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 16

Do you use them? What information do you put on them? Where do you distribute them? What's the best place to order them from?

15 replies
motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 16

VISTAPRINT.com!!!!

I have my name, number, email and website.

I have them on my table at shows. And keep some in my purse.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

VISTAPRINT.com!!!!

I have them on my table at shows. And keep some in my purse.

Ditto! VistaPrint has great deals, and you can upload your own logos.

I also tape a few to the box on birthday cakes. I don't put them on Wedding Cake boxes though, just seems tacky. You can also look into some cake supply stores. My local store keeps a business card display by the register. She says people ask all the time for custom cake shops, so she just points them to the business cards. Some even mistake her for a custom bakery, so she can also point those customers to your business.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 16
Quote:

VISTAPRINT.com!!!!

We also use Vistaprint. In addition to the above info, you should also include your core competency and competitive advantage on your card so people can see at a glance why they should give you their business.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:09pm
post #5 of 16

If you are not getting through 100's a month, moo.com is another great place. Much more expensive but super quality and you can have your info on one side, and photos of your cakes on the other - they let you have 50 different photos on 50 cards if you want.
I used to use them but have since changed to a local printer, although I designed my cards myself. DH tried Vistaprint for his - I recommended he try because of all the great reviews on here actually! - but he wasn't at all happy with the print quality (he did get his money back from them so not all was lost).

motherofgrace Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:14pm
post #6 of 16

hmm, I have never had a problem with quality..... but you do pay for better, not perfect wit hthe free

snocilla Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:20pm
post #7 of 16

I've never had any trouble with the quality either. That being said, I prefer the matte finish, and I don't put photos on mine, just a gif image of my logo.

motherofgrace Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:23pm
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkraft

. In addition to the above info, you should also include your core competency and competitive advantage on your card so people can see at a glance why they should give you their business.

what does that mean? I have my business name, and also owner/confectioner under my personal name

snocilla Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:26pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:

Quote:

. In addition to the above info, you should also include your core competency and competitive advantage on your card so people can see at a glance why they should give you their business.

what does that mean? I have my business name, and also owner/confectioner under my personal name

I think he means something like "Specializing in..." My business card has a two-line phrase like that.

motherofgrace Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:28pm
post #10 of 16

ooh ok

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:36pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayti

If you are not getting through 100's a month, moo.com is another great place. Much more expensive but super quality and you can have your info on one side, and photos of your cakes on the other - they let you have 50 different photos on 50 cards if you want.
I used to use them but have since changed to a local printer, although I designed my cards myself. DH tried Vistaprint for his - I recommended he try because of all the great reviews on here actually! - but he wasn't at all happy with the print quality (he did get his money back from them so not all was lost).

Ditto.

And the Moo minicards are the cutest things. I had a lot of them done for my sister and her cakes...Just chose the beautiful cake-related free illustrations, and put the tiny amount of info she needed on the other side.

http://us.moo.com/products/minicards.html

KerrieD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KerrieD Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 9:47pm
post #12 of 16

I got mine from zazzle.com

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 11:05pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:

Quote:

Your core competency is basically something you can do really well that not many other people can do. If none of your competitors share your core competency, it is considered a competitive advantage.

For example, our core competency is making professionally-decorated baked goods without common allergens. Some other examples might be recipes for unusual products with unique flavors, or the ability to make elaborate 3D fondant designs.

Marinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marinette Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 11:36pm
post #14 of 16

I use VISTA too. and i have my business card, i make some menus, label and sicker to decorate the cake box. And i Order too some shirts and wear the days for deliverys or special events.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 11:55pm
post #15 of 16

I also use VistaPrint. I have a cake picture or my logo my name and website. That's all. I don't want customers calling until they've been to the website, so they have to go to the website to get my number.

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 12:14am
post #16 of 16

I use VistaPrint. I upload my own design with my logo, 3 cake photos, and cake info on one side. The back has info on my gourmet candy and the social networking sites I'm on.

I get the glossy on the front and full color on the back. I LOVE my cards and you can't beat the price! I get like 1,000 full color front and back for under $75! It's a steal!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%