Birthday/retirement From Railroad

Decorating By cakecrumbs116 Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 11:39am by Jennifer353

cakecrumbs116 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrumbs116 Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 5

Ok. I have a request from someone who husband is remind 60 and retiring from working on the railroad. The cake is for 200 people. Any ideas? Im having a hard time coming up with some ideas. [/code]

4 replies
Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 5

Maybe a RR yard with workers, tracks, bushes, etc - and a number "60" train engine.

beenie51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beenie51 Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 9:50pm
post #3 of 5

Planning to do a tiered cake? You could make a cake with rail road tracks going around and up to a top tier which could have a tunnel going through it. If planning a sheet cake do a stacked full sheet cake with railroad tracks going around it with fields houses ect on it.

amarilloyankee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amarilloyankee Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 5

Is he an Engineer or Conductor?
You could do a latern
make a big rail cake and a sign saying "Retirement" as a marker sign and rail ties
You can do an Engineer hat
Oh so many ideas (I used to work @ the railroad and fil is about to retire from there)

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 11:39am
post #5 of 5

Oh I like the sculpted train idea (although that post seems to have dissappeared...?), if you baked in loaf tins it would give you a starting place for the engine and carriages. Add a signal in addition to the tracks and sleepers and make it signal 60, so have "60" on the name plate with his initials before the 60 if signals are named in the same way as the UK, or you could put it that the train is coming up to a level crossing with barriers and wigwag lights and have a sign on the crossing about his birthday andretirement.
Broken up boiled sweets work well for the ballast stones but put them in position once you smash them up because they tend to stick together solid if you leave them exposed overnight (learned the hard way!). Liquorice strings makes good rails.
Would you ever guess I worked on the railway?!icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%