Fondant Lipstick, Eyeshadow, Blush Brush

Decorating By Kathy107 Updated 31 Jan 2011 , 7:23pm by icer101

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 5

Hi. How do I make the fondant lipstick, eyeshadow and blush brush to go with a make up bag cake. I see beautiful pictures in the galleries but no explanation of how these were made. Thanks.

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 5

There is a candy mold that you can use to get those shapes in 2D.Others have just handmade them with gumpaste or fondant.

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 5

I would just look at the pics on here and try to recreate them by hand or look at your own makeup and use it as a model...

myKzooKid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myKzooKid Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 5

I made some for my niece's Barbie makeup bag cake in my photos. For the lipstick, I modeled a cylinder for the base and then cut out a hole in the center on the top end. I then modeled the red lipstick to fit inside the hole I had cut out of the base. Then I glued them together with gumpaste glue.

For the eyeshadow case, I shaped a rectangle then rounded the sides a bit. I then cut out troughs for the eyeshadow colors and the applicator. I smoothed those as much as possible then shaped the colored eyeshadow fondant and glued them inside the troughs with gumpaste glue. Same thing goes for blush container. This makes it so the color is sitting inside the container and not just on top of it.

For the blush brush I shaped the handle and the applicator separately. I used a knife to score the applicator part to mimic bristles then glued the pieces together with gumpaste glue.

HTH

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 5

There is also a tutorial on sugarteachers blog. Sharon Zambit, etc. jennifer dontz. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%