Canadian Regulations For Online Food Selling..cookies..

Business By Kiddiekakes Updated 3 Feb 2011 , 1:10am by -Tubbs

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 2

Does anyone here have a Canadian website to sell online decorated Sugar Cookies?

If so what were the guidelines/regulations...?? How did you get started? Was a business licence required (I am thinking of course Yes) What shipping methods appeared cheaper and why? Who had the cheaper rates Postal or courier like UPS?

Hubby and I have been talking and we are thinking that the web is the way of the future to sell and make money for our future and retirement..The only thing I can think of is baking..not cakes or anything but decorated cookies or sugar cubes,candy almonds like all the sites you see selling wedding cookie favors etc...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated... thumbs_up.gif

Antonia74..Helen..do you sell online?

Thanks Laurel icon_wink.gif

1 reply
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 1:10am
post #2 of 2

I also looked into this a while ago, and couldn't find any regulations about it at all. But I figured since I was selling legally in AB, I'd be able to ship all over the country without too much trouble.

I advertised on Etsy and got a bunch of enquiries but not ONE SINGLE ORDER! I ended up just letting it go as I got busy doing local stuff. I do think it's a good idea though. You need a really good website and great pictures. Also to be prepared to ship samples as people might want to taste your wares first.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%