Chicken Nugget Cake...yes You Heard Me Right...

Decorating By DaphneSUE Updated 24 Dec 2011 , 1:29am by sillywabbitz

DaphneSUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaphneSUE Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 3:42am
post #1 of 11

LOL...the strangest order ever....we were having a meeting with this couple that are getting married this summer and we asked if they had thought about what they wanted for a grooms cake...and the first words out of the groom was "chicken nugget?" LOL...yes he really wants a tiered cake made out of chicken nuggets...lol...i told him i would see if it was possible...lol...just thought you would like a laugh or maybe you have actually heard of other people wanting this too...lol...

10 replies
simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 3:49am
post #2 of 11

I actually love when I have couples step it up and give me a challenge or something creative and fun but this is really going out there LOL! This will be a hilarous cake if you can make it!! Can't wait to see pics LOL

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 4:09am
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaphneSUE

he really wants a tiered cake made out of chicken nuggets..

little cake balls shaped like chicken nuggets or actual chicken nuggets? Yes, it's possible - but real chicken nuggets will be nasty cold and yucky by the time people eat it.

deefour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deefour Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 4:13am
post #4 of 11

He wants actual chicken nuggets or cake made to look like chicken nuggets?
If it's the latter, would start with small squares and rectangles of pound cake and carve it to the shape.

DaphneSUE Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 11

nope...he wants real McDonald's Chicken Nuggets...lol...this is what i was thinking...a 8" plate with nuggets stacked like bricks then a 6" plate with the sauce containers on it stacked the same way...then a 4" plate with nuggets stacked the same...lol...this will be completely trial and error...and we will just have to see how it comes out...but i will definitely post picks of it no matter what it turns out like...lol

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 4:09am
post #6 of 11

It's totally doable - but will be nasty to eat - nuggets are bad enough hot - but cold? No way!

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 1:48pm
post #7 of 11

McDonalds is having a deal, 50 nuggets and two drinks for $10. Maybe they'd give you extra sauce packets instead of the drinks.

If you stack the nuggets without the sauce packets, then your tower of nuggets could perhaps be warmed in the oven before being presented, then the groom and his buddies can eat them right away. Maybe make a smaller tower of the sauces. Or make a base of sauces that the nugget tower could be set on top of just before the big presentation. I think this really is something that cannot be left out for display, like the bridal cake, but rather make a special presentation of it right be fore it gets eaten. The DJ/MC can make some kind of announcement.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 2:01pm
post #8 of 11

Here is a blog post with an example.

http://eatmytreats.blogspot.com/2009/08/chicken-nugget-wedding-cake.html

I don't know what she has in the center of her tower. I think it would be better to make it all out of nuggets, perhaps using toothpicks.

DaphneSUE Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 5:52pm
post #9 of 11

yea i plan on stacking them like bricks and making a solid nugget bottom tier...no center filler...and then a sauce tier and then another nugget tier...

DaphneSUE Posted 23 Dec 2011 , 10:41pm
post #10 of 11

Ok...sorry it took me so long to get the picture posted but the Chicken Nugget Cake is finally posted...and it turned out great...lol...the groom loved it...

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 1:29am
post #11 of 11

It came out great..that is so funny he wanted that and funnier he ordered it from a bakericon_smile.gif. Great job and I love the Big Mac topper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%