Where Do I Get These Liners??

Baking By blondmary Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 12:47am by blondmary

blondmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondmary Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 2:34am
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone,
does any of you know where to get this type pf cupcake liners?:

http://www.frostingscupcakes.com/flavors

I want to give my cupcake the look of been smaller at the bottom and bigger at the top. Does that have to do with the liners or with the actual pan I put the cupcakes in?
Please if anyone knows let me know.

thank you!!

10 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 3:00am
post #2 of 11

To me that looks like the tops are filled out using frosting. Those look like regular shaped cupcakes to me.

sillywabbitz Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 3:01am
post #3 of 11

To me that looks like the tops are filled out using frosting. Those look like regular shaped cupcakes to me.

sillywabbitz Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 3:02am
post #4 of 11

EmilyJo9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyJo9 Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 3:08am
post #5 of 11

Yeah those look like regular cupcakes to me too... You will can still create the illusion that they are smaller on bottom by filling the top out with frosting and toppings... It could also very well be the batter the bakery uses... Some batters dome way better than others... Good Luck!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 7:25am
post #6 of 11

You could make regular cupcakes, level them off with the top of the liner, and then add a mini-ball cake to the top. I'm thinking of the Wilton mini-ball pan where each ball is actually half a ball.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 1:19pm
post #7 of 11

I can see where they look smaller at the bottom. Unfortunately, I don't know what the answer is. Someone posted the opposite question recently. Perhaps you can contact her and find out what she is using. In her post she says standard cupcake pan with a regular liner. She has links to photos with the two kinds of cupcakes also.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-707961-.html

Hmm, I wonder if the liner has to be a lot smaller than the pan so it flares out.

ChunkkeeMunkkee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChunkkeeMunkkee Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 1:30pm
post #8 of 11

The one in the center has an odd curvature to it ... I would think its the shape of the pan not the liner. Maybe some sort of pop over pan?? And a great doming cup cake batter, and some tom foolery with Photo Shop. icon_biggrin.gif Just saying... if it looks perfect, it was more than likely enhanced. Just like teh Super Models...

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 2:32pm
post #9 of 11

I agree... photo shop. A pan cannot change the contour of the liner. Quality liners, which I am sure she is using, will stand up on their own. But I am sure the real cupcakes are beautiful.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 2:36pm
post #10 of 11

She uses foil like I do. For a photo shoot, the foil could be manipulated to make that curve on a baked cupcake. But you can't shape every cupcake you sell.

blondmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondmary Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 12:47am
post #11 of 11

bummer!!. Those cupcakes are sooo perfect that I thought for a minute that there was a way to make them either with the liners or the pan.
thank you everyone for the answers!! you guys are awesome like always icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%