Satin Ice In Santa Monica?

Decorating By pixiefuncakes Updated 12 Feb 2011 , 6:29am by ceshell

pixiefuncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pixiefuncakes Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 2:24am
post #1 of 6

My husband is going to be visiting Santa Monica soon (coming from Australia) and I would like him to bring me back some Satin Ice Fondant. Can somebody help me with where it may be available?
Thanks for your help!

5 replies
Rainyvv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainyvv Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 3:52am
post #2 of 6

Santa Monica....Where exactly? California?

cr8zchpr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cr8zchpr Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 4:18am
post #3 of 6

if you mean Santa Monica, CA on Overland and Pico, Century City next door to Santa Monica is NY Cake, they carry Satin Ice and the 20 lb bucket is $75 thats where I get mine and I drive 15 miles to get, I don't mind since everywhere else I ask it's over $100 so look it up on the internet so he can map it out from where he is staying it won't be too far I promise...

cr8zchpr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cr8zchpr Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 4:21am
post #4 of 6

http://www.nycake.com/

here is the link, it says $54 on line but with shipping in the US it turns out to be $75 so at the shop they charge you the shipping price, still better than in all the places I have asked except maybe strait from Satin Ice... HTH...

SBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SBaker Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 4:37am
post #5 of 6

If you want to go to Canoga Park, Kake Kreations will match NY Cake's price. It is worth the trip to go there.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 6:29am
post #6 of 6

I know this post is nearly two weeks old but.. I like NY Cake a LOT - tiny shop but packed with stuff you can normally only order on the internet, super-friendly people. There is a larger shop in West LA/Culver City, which is also near Santa Monica, called Gloria's Cake Supply. They too carry SI and tons of other stuff, but they are pricey. Although for SI they are about the same as anywhere else (runs around $17 for a 2lb container). It's expensive if you buy in small quantities!!

I'd opt for NY Cake first, then Gloria's if he can't find what he's looking for there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%