Raspberry Jello Powder In Cake Mix

Baking By Frecklepuss Updated 28 Jan 2011 , 6:09pm by jenscreativity

Frecklepuss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frecklepuss Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know if I can, or what will happen if I add raspberry jello powder to enhance a vanilla cake mix?? I am wondering if it will blend in nicely or end up like hard jello pieces throughout the cake. I am making this today so if anyone has any ideas, tips or just plain advice I would be greatful!!

Thank you

5 replies
stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 6

Should be fine. I've done this with lime and lemon jello in the past with no issue. Just be aware that the cake will be very bright! Granted, I was kinda going for that when I was doing the lime ones, so it was ok.

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 6

It will work,,but honestly,,enhancing the flavor and all, isn't that much..I did it once, and really tasted no fruity flavoring all..I'd rather add a fruit filling in cake vs making it with the jello..but that is my opinion..to me, it was like adding food coloring to van. cake..good luck!

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 6

You might add the jello powder to the liquid to let it dissolve a bit first. Then add it to the dry mix.

Frecklepuss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frecklepuss Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much for the replies everyone. I was actually hoping for flavor as I don't have enough fresh raspberries ... I think I will just make a sauce with what I have and swirl it in to the cupcakes!!

Thanks again icon_smile.gif

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 6

That's a good idea too..swirl that in with cake if you don't want to do a filling and that will help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%