Cake Girls Update?

Decorating By mellormom Updated 4 Sep 2012 , 3:56pm by imagenthatnj

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 17

I tried to search here and on google but couldn't find a recent update.
Jen...

16 replies
MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 17

I keep checking their website, but still the same message.

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 17

I've been told by someone living in Chicago they are not going to reopen. One of them seems to already have a new job, not cake-related.

shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 17

No!!! They were my favorite on Amazing Wedding Cakes! icon_cry.gif It will be weird not having them and Merci Beaucoup on the show.

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 3:46am
post #5 of 17

What happened to Merci Beaucoup? So very, very sad about Cake Girls icon_sad.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 3:49am
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptanyer

What happened to Merci Beaucoup? So very, very sad about Cake Girls icon_sad.gif

They said in their blog that they won't be on the next Season.

http://happysugarbakingland.typepad.com/happy-sugar-baking-land/2010/12/farewell-to-amazing-wedding-cakes.html

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 4:10pm
post #7 of 17

OK - that just breaks my heart!!! I am really glad Reva is doing so well, but I am soooooo going to miss them all!!! icon_sad.gif

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 7:35pm
post #8 of 17

That's really sad to hear about the Cake Girls...I wonder if the stress got to them and they were burned out on cakes? (no pun intended...you know what I mean icon_wink.gif ) I can't imagine doing this full time, I'm stressed enough with the few cakes I do a month. icon_cry.gif

imagenthatnj Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 7:56pm
post #9 of 17

After the Cake Girls studio burned down, they had a lot of trouble with the insurance, and giving back so much money from their orders, and even trying to retrieve information from the laptops that were at the place and had been hosed with the water.

The shows were recorded before this happened, so I guess after the fire, they couldn't be recorded really because they had no studio anymore! I'm sure it's hard to start all over again.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 6:09am
post #10 of 17

Such a sad situation! It's a shame they won't be back. They will be missed a lot.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 12:44am
post #11 of 17

That is really sad! They were so talented!

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 5:21pm
post #12 of 17

Im sad that it sounds like they wont be opening up again. They were funny and made wonderful cakes. I liked the guy they had with them I cant remember his name he just didnt seem like he would make cakes but he did a great job.

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 2:08am
post #13 of 17

I too have been wondering if they were able to regroup after the fire.

cakenovice2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenovice2010 Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 5:48pm
post #14 of 17

insurance companies will do anything not to pay out and get you back on your feet. Especially if the fire was an instance of something that could have been prevented.

When my rented apartment burned down (attached to the back of a house) it took over two years for the homeowner to finally settle and get her house rebuilt. It was crazy how long it took.

MWarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MWarrell Posted 23 May 2011 , 1:45pm
post #15 of 17

It looks like Cake Girls is not reopening, yes? If so, can anyone recommend a baker in Chicago that would be a good replacement to make a cake?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 15 Sep 2011 , 2:18am
post #16 of 17

Looks like the Cake Girls may be re-opening soon icon_smile.gif They updated their website today. icon_biggrin.gif

imagenthatnj Posted 4 Sep 2012 , 3:56pm
post #17 of 17

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%