Giant Cookie Cake Using Cookie Mix?

Baking By Edee Updated 30 Jan 2011 , 7:14pm by Edee

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone made a chocolate chip cookie cake using the dry prepackaged mixes before? If so, do you modify it at all or just go by what is on the package? Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

4 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 5

Not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I made a giant sugar cookie for a fruit pizza out of a mix. It worked out just fine, but everyone liked the fruit pizza with the homemade sugar cookie recipe I made much better!

thallo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thallo Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 5

I have made giant cookie cakes from package mixes, from scratch, and from the tubed cookie mix. Any of them will work. Just remember not to press the mix all the way to the edge of the pan. Leaving space for the cookie to expand can make all the difference in the world when it comes out. Like other cookies, it WILL expand.
The flavor in any mix or recipe is a matter of choice. As far as I am concerned, it is a time issue when choosing mix or scratch recipes when it comes to cookies.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 5

I use the cake mix giant cookie recipe posted here.
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2203/giant-chocolate-chip-cookie-cake

I always use a chocolate DH mix and add white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and semi sweet chocolate chips. It turns out really rich and moist. Everyone loves it.

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 7:14pm
post #5 of 5

thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%