Need Ideas For Pink & Brown Baby Shower Cake - No Fondan

Decorating By brensmom12 Updated 28 Jan 2011 , 10:54pm by mamabaer

brensmom12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brensmom12 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 6

I have a request for a pink & brown baby shower cake. The request is NO FONDANT, but they want a cake similar to one I have done with fondant circles and stripes. They are going to send a pic of the bedding, but before that I would like to have some ideas in my head that I could present to the customer. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!

5 replies
annie84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annie84 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 6

I hate being limited to buttercream too! In your photos, you have one titled Birthday Princess Cake (or similar to that...). Could you do the dots like that and then do the stripes using the flat edge of the basketweave tip?

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 6

I have a couple. Let me gather and come back.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 6

Here's a link to my baby shower pics. There are a few in there with that color combo. 99% of my cakes are buttercream. HTH. http://www.anotherpieceofcake.com/Baby_Shower_Cakes.php

brensmom12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brensmom12 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks! I love the pink, green & brown one. I'll have to remember that design! You do great work...keep it up!

mamabaer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabaer Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 6

what if you freeze the cake after icing it and then go back with a circle stencil (cut out of a plasic lid or something) and do the polka dots spread thin with a offset spatula?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%