Want A Good Laugh Read This!!

Decorating By simplysweet72740 Updated 11 Feb 2011 , 11:59am by Davwattie

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 3:40am
post #1 of 13

So i get home from church this evening and real quick hop on fb to see whats happening in the world, and I have a message from a friend. Now I made her a wedding cake 10 years ago, that was one of my first cakes, and I dont even remember what it looked like. All I remember was it was a 2 tier that was a 6" and 4", and I charged her $35.00, because I didnt know what I was doing....anyways. This is her message to me.

ok I want a cake about the same size as my wedding cake was. Will it still be $35? But instead of 2 teirs we were wanting 3 Tiers but close to the same in heigth.

We are wanting the cake to be Bright Purple with thick black fire type stripes coming 1/2 way up from the bottom of each layer and hot pink balls (large pearl size) around the bottom and all the layers of the cake.

For the topper we are going to do Zoobbles but Only 1 Zoobble on the top for the topper. We were wanting the cake to round but she's wanting the layers to be shaped where they look un-even or lop sided. I'm sure you've seen those kind of cakes, If you think only two layers would be better that would be fine.

Prob the bottom layer being Bright purple with the thick Fire like strips and the 2nd layer being Hot Pink with the black flames would be better. If we do a small 3rd layer Hot Green with the flames. Let me know what ya think.

My kids deffently have style as you know. So with the little balls that go around the cake feel free to alternate the colors to give it alittle more Pazzz. lol Some where on the cake or on the sheet to say " Happy 7th Birthday". But I would love to have your input, so I look forward to hearing back from you.

Oh this made me laugh. I said well I can do a 6",4" and 2
for $350.00, she sent back oh no thanks I cant afford that!

BAHAHAHAHAHA hope you enjoy your laugh!

12 replies
Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 3:55am
post #2 of 13

Wow, she was hoping to get all that for $35? - she must be a 'glass-half-full' kinda gal!

Do you know what she meant by 'fire type stripes' ? - that has me baffled!

JPMitchell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JPMitchell Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 4:24am
post #3 of 13

No Joke! There was a thread on here earlier today similar to yours..... the nerve of some people!!! I love hearing about these stories, sometimes I feel like I'm alone b/c I get those alottt! People just don't understand how much cakes cost!! We work our butts off to create these cakes for them and they only want to pay us $5 for hours of labor!! Puuuuulease!!!

Teecakesandcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teecakesandcookies Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 4:58am
post #4 of 13

WOW!!!!! that was something else and I'm not even a big time cake maker and I know she was wrong wrong!!!

Love2BakeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2BakeCakes Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 4:59am
post #5 of 13

This is funny! People must think we cross our arms and blink and "viola" you have a magnificant cake!

Teecakesandcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teecakesandcookies Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 4:59am
post #6 of 13

WOW!!!!! that was something else and I'm not even a big time cake maker and I know she was wrong wrong!!!

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 5:38am
post #7 of 13

Thanks, after a long day of working I needed that =)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 5:53am
post #8 of 13

oh sure! 'Coz EVERYTHING is the exact same price as it was TEN YEARS AGO!!! icon_eek.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:00pm
post #9 of 13

Darn,, Indy, that was my first reaction, too! Eggs, flour , sugar, sure they cost exactly what they did 10 years ago. Oh, gas and electric also!

jessyummycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessyummycakes Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 7:02am
post #10 of 13

Lol!!! Love it!!!!!

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 10:05am
post #11 of 13

*Sniggers*

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 10:52am
post #12 of 13

Don't be so wicked people, chill out. Yes she can have the cake for $35,as long as she can turn back the hands of time to ten years ago, why not.

Davwattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davwattie Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 11:59am
post #13 of 13

LOL I wonder what the cake she has will look like hehe (make sure you check her fb for the bday pics)

Even 10yrs ago I doubt she'd have got all that for $35 icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%