Light And Fluffy Cupcakes From Stratch

Baking By Christina1207 Updated 23 Jan 2011 , 11:39pm by FromScratchSF

Christina1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina1207 Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 3

I would love to find a cupcake recipe that is just basic so that way I can add flavorings like a coffee cupcake. I have a couple but they come out really dense and heavy. But good hubby loves them. But I would like something a bit more lighter. I know I can use the boxed stuff which I am not into right now, I could go on as to the reason why. But I won't I searched on here and found that most recipes called for boxed cake mixes. So I am looking for a light and fluffy cupcake recipe. Thank you.

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 3
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 3

IMHO as a scratch baker, it seems like a lot can go wrong with this recipe, particularly with APF being measured the same as cake flour, the 2 are not the same in weight or volume. A few great scratch recipes: Dorie Greenspan's perfect party cake or or Cook's Illistrated. I find both recipes need the butter cold (or room temp for everything else) despite what they call for, but other then that I've made both and like them for different reasons. Check out this blog post from one of my fav food bloggers, she does a great comparison of 3 white cakes.

http://www.crumblycookie.net/2009/07/01/white-cake-comparison-2/

Good Luck!

J

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%