3D Football Player

Decorating By Faithbound Updated 23 Jan 2011 , 4:05am by cheatize

Faithbound Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faithbound Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 2:10am
post #1 of 3

Please come to my rescue! I have searched this site, the internet, and books. I have a potential customer, who has asked for the following...

A cake made into a standing football player, yes...standing up. And this 3D standing player should be holding a football.

I have no clue where to begin with this. Even if I make the feet from rkt will the cake be too heavy? How would I shape the legs, arms, etc. and make it all work? I am lost.

And the saddest part is I will probably go through so much to figure it out, and then have her change her mind when I quote a price.

Any pictures, links, or advice you have would be so very much appreciated! Thank you!

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 2:18am
post #2 of 3

hi, i found this, you could p/m her and she if she has time to help you with the figure. will look for more

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1851497

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 4:05am
post #3 of 3

2 dowels screwed into a wood cake board form the legs. These can be covered either with rounds of cake or with RKT. Another wood cake board is screwed onto the top of the legs to form the torso. Remember to put a cake board every 4 inches in height for the torso.

The head can be either RKT or cake. The arms are usually RKT.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%