Squeeze Bottle Saftey Question

Decorating By Maydo Updated 23 Jan 2011 , 4:17am by cheatize

Maydo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maydo Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 3

I am hooked on cake pops and many of the projects use squeeze bottles for the candy melts. I looked on Wilton's website and they say you can heat them in the bottle.

Is this true? A flexible , plastic bottle that goes in the microwave OR do you melt them in hot water...

Now, I'm no health freak ( or I wouldn't be on this site) but I'm not sure I comprehend the safety of that idea- ( if it is microwave).

Am I crazy? Is it OK? Does anyone have bottles where the melts simply live in the bottles to be heated when needed?

Are there other brands that offer heating in the bottle as well?

2 replies
birdlady9771 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdlady9771 Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 10:59pm
post #2 of 3

I melt right in the bottle - top off. Small intevels in the microwave like you normally would. Works great thumbs_up.gif Of course they are harder to wash, you need a smaller bottle brush and lots of hot water to melt the mess.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 4:17am
post #3 of 3

I don't know about the safety of heating in the bottle but I do have a tip for washing them afterwards.
Leave the bottle overnight. The chocolate will harden. Then squeeze the bottle and the chocolate will break into shards and dump right out. All you have to do is wash as normal with a bottle brush. Of course, if there's a lot of chocolate left, you need to drain it out into a bowl or something first.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%