Cutting Utensil

Decorating By lilsis Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 11:12pm by lilsis

lilsis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsis Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making mini cheesecakes to be cut up & boxed up at my niece's wedding the end of March ... I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase (or if there even is such a thing!) a knife w/ multiple blades that would cut numerous pieces of cake at one time? Not sure if this is making any sense or not --- think back to old metal ice trays with the metal inserts!! We are thinking of making more of cheesecake bars and cutting them and then putting them into papers. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 7

Do you think something like this could help you?
http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/Product_136439

lilsis Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 7

hmmmm...that might just work! Thanks!! Will check it out! Have you ordered from them before?

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 7

Nope. They are just the first site that popped up in my google search. I couldn't recall what that multi-wheel cutter was called. I'm sure you can get it from lots of sites. The only question is whether your cheesecake will be too thick or deep for this to cut.

lilsis Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 10:43pm
post #5 of 7

yea....was just wondering the same thing.....might be worth it to find out tho....hubby can always use it to cut homemade pasta instead I guess!! LOL

sweetie112 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetie112 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 7

I've worked with the pastry wheel. It would not serve you well for cutting cheese cake however it could be used for scoring the cheese cake to ensure even cuts.

lilsis Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 11:12pm
post #7 of 7

thanks for your input sweetie!!! greatly appreciated! any other suggestions?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%