Cupcakes

Baking By pummy Updated 22 Jan 2011 , 2:17am by leily

pummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pummy Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 4

I mainly do cupcakes when trying a new recipe so I can share with others outside of my house to get their opinion. I generally have cupcakes left over and was wondering approx how long do cupcakes keep in the freezer and still have a fresh taste?

3 replies
mbasic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbasic Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 4

I do not keep cupcakes for customers longer than 1 month in the freezer. I am more flexible (up to 2 months) if they are for family or close friends. Just wrap well. I wrap in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil and then place in gallon-size ziploc containers and store flat. HTH

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 12:22am
post #3 of 4

I usually just freeze the leftover batter flat in a zipper bag.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 2:17am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbasic

I do not keep cupcakes for customers longer than 1 month in the freezer. I am more flexible (up to 2 months) if they are for family or close friends. Just wrap well. I wrap in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil and then place in gallon-size ziploc containers and store flat. HTH

this is my general rule of thumb also. Although my parents and my SIL have had cupcakes from the freezer that had been in there 4 months and they loved them. They couldn't tell the difference with the ones i had just baked.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%