Cake Airbrushing Emergency! Fluro Pink!

Decorating By heidihill Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 2:48pm by dizzaloo

heidihill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidihill Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 4:07am
post #1 of 5

Hi anyone out there,

I'm in the process of airbrushing a cake for my mum's 60th. 2 tiers are purple and 2 tiers are pink. My problem is that the pink looks like fluro pink! Not the shade I was hoping for.

I have limited airbrush colours. Do you think if I spary red over the fluro pink it will give a less fluro shade of pink?

I'm going to test on a piece of paper first. Really it's not the end of the world, because mum will be thrilled with whatever I make.

I will be spraying will pearl shimmer after the colours too.

Any other suggestions?
Heidi

4 replies
julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 4:39am
post #2 of 5

I think the shimmer should do it. I don't think the red will work

heidihill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidihill Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 6:58am
post #3 of 5

Thank you.

I tested adding red over the top on paper and part of my fondant covered base board that will be hidden and it just looked more red than pink instantly. The shimmer has definitely toned it down somewhat . Looks great.

In future I will have to be more organised and test the actual colour on fondant before hand. Hard to tell what it's going to look like from the bottle.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 12:52pm
post #4 of 5

Yes...pink does not spray a baby pink but rather a hot pink.You would have to mix it with white to tone done the shade.I have done this with pink and purple.

dizzaloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dizzaloo Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 5

[quote="heidihill" Really it's not the end of the world, because mum will be thrilled with whatever I make.

/quote]

I know nothing about airbrushing but I thought what you said about your Mum was lovely!
Hope the cake goes well xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%