Dragee Substitute? California Hippies :d

Decorating By FromScratchSF Updated 18 Jan 2011 , 7:35pm by FromScratchSF

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 4:40am
post #1 of 5

Evening! I've been looking for dragees since before Christmas, it never occurred to me to Google why I can't find any until now... and it figures that they are illegal in California?!?!? icon_eek.gif I mean, I could try and order them online but I read that they won;t ship them to me, and I can get in trouble for using them.

Well, I was just wondering if any of you incredibly creative people have any suggestions for dragee substitutes?

Thanks in advance!

Jen icon_wink.gif

4 replies
tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 4:53am
post #2 of 5

Pearls dragees would be an acceptable substitute. If you really want the look of silver I guess you gotta get out the luster dust and vodka (at that point, I would probably be choosing to DRINK the vodka, but hey, that's just me).

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=20084&name=Ivory%20Pearl%20Dragees%206mm

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 5

I wonder why it's illegal to get them there?

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac670

Pearls dragees would be an acceptable substitute. If you really want the look of silver I guess you gotta get out the luster dust and vodka (at that point, I would probably be choosing to DRINK the vodka, but hey, that's just me).

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=20084&name=Ivory%20Pearl%20Dragees%206mm

Oh, that's a good point, maybe I can just roll them in the dust? It seems to stick to every other surface in my kitchen, don't know how a dragee would resist icon_biggrin.gif Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%