Can't Find Baker's German Chocolate Anywhere!

Decorating By PennySue Updated 19 Jan 2011 , 4:52am by JulieMN

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 9

Is anyone else having trouble finding Baker's German Chocolate? I have been to every store in town and it is nowhere to be found.

8 replies
nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 9

Hmmm. Every grocery store in my area has it in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips. Even Walmart carries it.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 9

Are they just out of stock? I just saw it at my local Walmart. It was right next to the semi-sweet I was buying.

I hope you find some soon. It's awful when you can't get an ingredient. Good luck!

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 9

Holy crap I totally thought it was just my local stores that were out! I went to 4 stores yesterday and NOTHING! Publix told me they were out of stock and would start ordering larger quantities of it if it's something I will be usuing often. One more reason I LOVE PUBLIX! They will seriously order items JUST for me!

tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 9

I second that it might be out of stock because I always see it at Walmart and Target.

I hope you can find it very soon!

PennySue Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 9

I did try Target because they always have it, but not this time! I ended up finding instructions on how to substitute cocoa powder, sugar, butter and water for the cubes of GC. Cake is out of the oven and cooling as I type and it looks and smells just like the regular German Chocolate cake. Here's hoping it tastes as good!

PennySue Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 11:09pm
post #7 of 9

Update on German Chocolate cake. I made the cake using the substitutions of cocoa powder, sugar butter and water and by far, this was the best GCC I have ever made or tasted. It was a big hit. Don't think I'll ever need to buy the cubes again.

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 4:20am
post #8 of 9

PennySue- That's a very interesting thing- I never thought about substitutions for the chocolate! I am gonna have to try that!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 4:52am
post #9 of 9

It is available in the larger grocery stores around me (Rainbow and Cub).

Thanks for the info on substitutions.....will have to try it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%