Wedding Cake Design Pro

Decorating By vrmcc1 Updated 15 Jan 2011 , 6:26am by mrsbriggs06

vrmcc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vrmcc1 Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 6:11am
post #1 of 2

I am thinking about ordering this, can anyone share anything that they like or do not like about this program, or suggest one that they like better

1 reply
mrsbriggs06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbriggs06 Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 6:26am
post #2 of 2

I bought it about a year or two ago and hated it. Everything is so limited. For example, I consider burgundy to be a commingled wedding color, but it's not an option on there (along with othe colors you'd cinsider commonly used). I fLund the designs to be very limited.

I've taken to just sketching using colored pencils or the paint program that comes with your computer. You can save templates and just fill in. No bells or whistles but it's free.

I will also say-- we have an iPod touch and you can buy 'apps' for it... Theres an app called 'cake doodle' at it's actually pretty good-- even has topsy turvy cakes! It's meant to be a game, but I just sent out 3 sketches using it ( to show a mom exactly how different color combos would look). I was able to draw in minor details, but again, for under $2, I love it. Most of what I do is custom carved or outside the box so a typical drawing program doesn't fit the bill anyway.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%