How Do I Make This Shoe Out Of Gumpaste?

Decorating By sarascakecreations Updated 15 Jan 2011 , 8:44am by icer101

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 6

Hello,

So I have a bridal shower cake and the bride wants me to copy her shoe on the cake. I have made shoes before but never a sling back like this:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/christian-louboutin-white-satin-bow-bridal-wedding-shoe-187760078

My worry is the support for the back strap... SO, do I make the heel and sole and assemble them together to dry, then let the top dry on something else and assemble it after? OR should I assemble all three pieces and use dowels or paper towel or something to prop up the back strap while it dries.

Also, does anyone PLEASE have a template for this type shoe?? I looked online here but didn't see anything for a sling back...

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

p.s. afterwards, I may just have to buy a pair of these shoes for myself lol

5 replies
CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 6

There is a template here on CC for making a slingback shoe. I guess you can do a search in patterns/template for gumpaste shoes or shoe template.

HTH

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 6:41pm
post #3 of 6

PS. Keep in mind when doing this show, the CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN Shoe has that distinctive red sole.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 6

there was a thread on this last nite. Same pic of brides shoe and then a beautiful pic of a cake with a sling back shoe and pattern. am sending the link

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/443553 hth

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 4:21am
post #5 of 6

thanks so much for the pattern, I must have not seen it before.

icer101... do you think you could post a link to the same thread? I didn't see it icon_sad.gif

Sara

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 8:44am
post #6 of 6

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%