Help With Chocolate

Sugar Work By cylstrial Updated 22 Jan 2011 , 4:22am by JulieMN

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone,

I need help with making chocolate suckers. Everything is fine except that the chocolate squishes out onto the sucker stick and I can't stand it. How do I stop that from happening?

I attached a picture so that you can see what I'm talking about! Any help would be great appreciated.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1911692&done=1

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

8 replies
motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 9

I put m,y sticks n the mols BEFORE i pour in the chocolate, and that never happens. HTH icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 4:05pm
post #3 of 9

Sadly enough, the sticks were in the mold when I poured the chocolate. I just have this problem regardless of whether the sticks are in the cavity or if they aren't, when I pour the chocolate.

The only thing that I can think to do is kind of put a little bit of wet chocolate where the stick to goes to stop it from happening. But then I'm concerned the stick won't work attach properly.

Thanks for your help!

motherofgrace Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 9

hmmm. Sorry i couldnt help. Maybe your over filling them a bit?

cylstrial Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 9

The sucker stick area overflows before I even get near the top of the sucker mold. LOL. Maybe it's just me. It just drives me crazy. So I guess I'll try to block it a little bit with wet chocolate and let it dry and then pour the chocolate in and see how that works.

Thanks again!

cylstrial Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 1:13pm
post #6 of 9

I figured out what it is! I always tap the mold to get any air bubbles out and that is causing the chocolate to spill into the sucker area. Because when I just poured the chocolate and didn't tap them, the sucker stick came out pretty. =O)

motherofgrace Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 9:22pm
post #7 of 9

yay!!!

Ya I dont tap mine, I fine it levels out on its own.

Im happy You figured it out!

cylstrial Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 1:16am
post #8 of 9

Thanks! It was just me being dumb - but hey, I'll take it!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 4:22am
post #9 of 9

Glad to hear that you found the problem...and that it has such an easy fix is a great bonus! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%