Brown Sugar Italian Meringue Buttercream

Baking By diamondsmom Updated 14 Jan 2011 , 2:27am by simplysouthern

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone make the Italian meringue butter cream with brown sugar? if u did , how did it turn out.....a customer asked for it on vanilla cupcakes icon_confused.gif really can't afford to waste ingredients so if anyone ever tried it please let me know.

Thanks

7 replies
saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 8

I've tried it, and it's delicious.

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 8

Could you elaborate on using it?? How did it ice, like regular bc?? Does the brown sugar make it gritty?? Sorry I've never heard of this before so I'm super interested in knowing more!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 4:55pm
post #4 of 8

I LOVE meringue icings but I wasn't crazy about the brown sugar one. . .a matter of taste so you would have to try it. Martha Stewart has the one I used on her site. The sugar is used to make a syrup so it's not gritty.

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 6:08pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks much, I did bounce up the Martha Stewart version and it has some good reviews. I'll give it a try.

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 8

It acts just like a regular IMBC, just a different flavor. If you like brown sugar in other stuff, you'll probably like this, too. You don't have to switch recipes, either; just substitute brown sugar for the white sugar in whatever recipe you usually use.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 11:25pm
post #7 of 8

Hi, i make the brown sugar smbc. It is very good. It is not gritty, because of heating the sugar and egg whites to a certain temp. Sometimes i use this brown sugar smbc and add home made caramel to it. So good. hth The caramel recipe is from jodief from this site. So good!!!

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 2:27am
post #8 of 8

Thanks y'all I am gonna have to make a cake just to try this!! Ugh so much for the diet icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%