What Do You Do?

Decorating By julesh268 Updated 12 Jan 2011 , 12:43am by kaseynh

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 12:16am
post #1 of 2

I read posts here all of the time and it got me wondering what most of you do when it comes to making cakes. Is it hobby, your profession, do you work for yourself, own your own business, work for a bakery, etc? Just very curious as I day dream about my future of baking cakes (in 5 years 3 months, and 19 days).

Julie

1 reply
kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 12:43am
post #2 of 2

I started my business this past May, I wish I could say I am turning away business. It\\'s been a slow start and I have learned many lessons. I still learn something new each day on CC. I give full credit to all the amazing, kind, sharing people here for bringing me to the level I am today.
It would be great if all the people that ate my cakes, exclaimed it was the best tasting cake ever, amazed by my growing skills, encouraged me (basically pushed me) into going into business, well it would just be great if all those people would order cakes from me now! I don\\'t doubt my skills, and I bake a pretty mean cake but boy oh boy they seemed to be worth a lot more to all of those people when they were free! I actually had one person who\\'s a doctor gloat about having a cake lady in her back pocket to get amazing cheap cakes from. NO cake for her at all, at any price anymore!
I\\'m just saying I have no regrets, I am very proud of myself for taking the leap and starting my own business. Just keep in mind people are going to build you up and rave about your cakes just as long as they are free! Amazing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%