Cricut Cake Cutter

Decorating By pinklady1356 Updated 11 Jan 2011 , 2:55pm by Mimi209

pinklady1356 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklady1356 Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 5:38am
post #1 of 2

Hi,

I am so confused, I am looking for one to use for my cakes. I dont know which is best and better to buy. The white one or red one? Martha Stewart's? Can you use regular cricut for cakes or it has to be "Cake Cricut"?

I have heard several forums not here other sites saying its not good to use. So I wanted to make sure.

It looks so cool and helpful to decorate the cakes. So Let me know. Thanks

Im anxious to hear from you guys. Im ready to buy one. icon_smile.gif

Thank you

1 reply
Mimi209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mimi209 Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 2

I have a Cricut Expression that I use for my scrapbooking. While watching some of Linda McClures videos on youtube. I noticed that she was using the Cricut Expression. In the videos on youtube she said she had to adapt the Cricut Expression so she could use it with gumpaste. I was very curious so I purchased her video that she made explaining what she did. Since I already had the Cricut Expression, I did not want to have to purchase the "Cricut Cake". In the video she said that making the changes to the Expression to be able to cut out of gumpaste does not change it's ability to cut on paper.
So I am going to make the few changes to my Cricut Expression and give it a try.
I do enjoy using my Cricut Expression for scrapbooking, now maybe I can use it for cakes also.
I would suggest watching her youtube videos and then check your local library and see if they have any of her videos that you could check out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%