Doctored Cake Mix King Cake Cupcake Recipe?

Baking By korensmommy Updated 6 Feb 2011 , 12:12am by funcakes

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 9

Anyone have a good King Cake cupcake recipe from a doctored cake mix they are willing to share? I checked the recipe section already and couldn't find one.
Thanks!

8 replies
korensmommy Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 9

Anyone??

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 9

I would be interested in this too. Have you tried Googleing for a recipe?

korensmommy Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 9

I have tried, but can't find anything! I'm thinking about using a yellow cake & adding cinnamon & nutmeg. Then, making a rum flavored cream cheese frosting with crushed up pecans.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 9

That sounds yummy. I have been thinking that I have seen such a recipe somewhere though. Post your recipe if you try it, please.

phimubabie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phimubabie Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 3:43pm
post #6 of 9

I know here in New Orleans, Sweet Bee's and other places do a king cake dough rolled baked in cupcake liners. I was actually thinking of trying out something similar this weekend with a cinnamon struesal in the batter and maybe a cream cheese/praline filling with regular king cake icing an sprinkles. Let me know how yours goes.

badylugs80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badylugs80 Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 6:14pm
post #7 of 9

King cake is actually made from pastry dough. It is a "yeast dough" rather than a batter like cakes are made from. The bakery I get my King cakes from uses the same dough they make their danishes from.

danni73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danni73 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 8:01am
post #8 of 9

Are you after a giant cupcake recipe....look up Wilton's website!!!

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 12:12am
post #9 of 9

Last year I was asked to make a King Cake for a get together with friends. I looked at tons of recipes. They all were for a yeast bread with different fillings. Although they seemed good, it just didn't fit with a dessert after dinner. So, I made a bundt cake with lots of rum in and soaked in the cake and stuck the little baby in after I baked it. Glazed it and put on the yellow, purple, green? sprinkles. They loved it!
What do Jersey girls know about Mardi Gras????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%