Mccormick Food Coloring

Baking By momd68 Updated 8 Jan 2011 , 7:17pm by leily

momd68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momd68 Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone used McCormick food coloring for fondant? Does it change the consistancy or taste? I really like the McCormick neon purple color and what I am matching it with looks like a perfect match. I don't have time to order Americolor and I am still not to comfortable in playing with different colors to get the color to match what I need.

Thanks

3 replies
idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure you will be able to achieve the vivid color you are going for with McCormick liquid food coloring. Can you try it on a small piece of fondant and see how it works?

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 4

I have not tried the liquid food coloring with fondant, but I can't imagine that it would work. I think it will make your fondant way too sticky. You need to use either the gel or paste colors.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 4

if you're making your own fondant the liquid coloring can work if you add it in BEFORE adding in any powdered sugar (because you can add in more PS if you need to for the right consistency). If you're wanting to mix it into premade fondant, it's not recommended b/c all the extea liquid can change the consistency of your fondant and make it quite sticky.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%