Squeeze Bottles For Decorating

Baking By mamanorm Updated 8 Jan 2011 , 6:41pm by shanney54

mamanorm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamanorm Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 6

I can only find the squeeze bottles that come with plastic tips. Are there any bottles that I can use my metal tips? Are the plastic tips separate from the couplers on these bottles, and if they are, are they the size of the PME tips?
Thanks for your help.

5 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 6

My bottles are made by Kuhn Rikon. I got them for $6 each at Sur la Table and Wilton tips fit them. I love them for cookies! They have two types: a regular bottle shape and an accordian style bottle. Mine are the regular bottle shape.

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 6

crate and barrel. they come with their own tips but i use my wilton ones
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/kitchen-and-food/measure-mix-bake/1

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 6

i love and use the CK candy squeeze bottles, they come in two sizes and they come with couplers so you can use your own tips. They are absolutely lovely to work with and (this is my opinion only) give you fare more control than the wilton bottles (which is used before i discovered the CK). You can buy them online or at just about any cake or candy store.

diane

mamanorm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamanorm Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 4:44pm
post #5 of 6

thank you all so much! I'm out the door now on a search. Valentines Day is around the corner!

shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 6:41pm
post #6 of 6

I'm gonna have to order me some now! I've seen the Kuhn Rikon in magazines, but never thought to use them for cookies. Thanks guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%