1.7.11 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 8 Jan 2011 , 8:08am by playingwithsugar

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 7:01am
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenng1482

I just finished baking the last of 1000 cupcakes for the Governor's Inaugural Reception tomorrow! I have 20 batches of buttercream ready, 1000 fondant and airbrushed stars cut, and 9 tier cupcake stand decorated and at the Capitol

Wow! Congratulations on getting that order!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 7:14am
post #32 of 35

Jeng1482: Wow! I'm overwhelmed just reading about it!

Playingwithsugar: I agree. I just did a yahoo image search and a google image search. The best cakes with that topper are very simple and clean with minimal decor. I saw a few that made me think, "What were they thinking?" I would never put a primary color with that topper. It seems to me that the colors should be muted.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 7:16am
post #33 of 35

I just saw the magnolia cake on cakealchemy. It looks very Stanley Cup to me?

baking_fool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baking_fool Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 7:32am
post #34 of 35

I know it is not friday any more but I just wanted to post what I made this Friday. I was very happy with it for a cake I made all in one day icon_smile.gif

It is the blue cake in my pics whith the white flowers on top and the swiss dots on the side. It was peanut butter cake with chocolate peanutbutter filling.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 8:08am
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

I just saw the magnolia cake on cakealchemy. It looks very Stanley Cup to me?

Yes, the way they did it, I agree, it is bold. I'm thinking a similar shape with shorter tiers, the flower in the same place, without the top stripe, bottom ribbon border, and/or draping. It's easier for me to visualize it than it is to explain it.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%