Out Of Hospital And Boy Have I Missed Cc.

Lounge By tesso Updated 10 Jan 2011 , 1:03am by Karen421

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 12

hi everyone,

well I have been awol on here because I have been in the hospital for 7 weeks. 3 weeks ICU, 1 week hosp, then rehab rest of the time. I had respitory failure.

it was crazy went to doc in november for what I thought was kidney stones, doc called ambulance, got to er..they put me out to do some tests and I wake up and it is december!!

They kept me out did two lung surgeries and kept me in ICU. I had no idea until they finally woke me up and they are like so young lady this is what we did. surreal to say the least. but I am back now. still not fully recovered but thank god for home care. I missed thanksgiving and christmas. so it seems weird that it is jan 2011 right now.

worse thing is I have a pinched nerve, and it has two fingers on my right had and my palm numb. I am right handed!! a little feaky too.

but I am healthier and breathing better than I have ever breathed so I am happy. it is good to be back on cake central. now to catch up on 7 weeks of posts and pics. icon_lol.gif

11 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 12

Wow! You've been through alot haven't you? Glad to see you are back and doing okay. Have fun catching up on here! icon_smile.gif

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 12

I've been wondering where you were. Sorry to hear you were so sick. Hope you're soon back to baking and posting. We've missed your sense of humor.

birdlady9771 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdlady9771 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 12

WOW! Glad to hear your're home and doing better. Take care of yourself!

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 11:30pm
post #5 of 12

I just saw a post of yours somewhere and wondered where you had been! It's good to here you are back and fighting fit, and I hope they can fix your hand asap.

Naturepixie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naturepixie Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 11:40pm
post #6 of 12

Welcome back!!! I hope the rest of you recovery is speedy and your back to baking real soon. icon_smile.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 1:44am
post #7 of 12

It's good to see you back, tesso! Best wishes!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 2:06am
post #8 of 12

Holy cow! That would be a freak-out. I'm glad that you're doing better, I hope your hand regains its feeling soon.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 2:19am
post #9 of 12

Welcome back...you have been missed. Sorry to hear of your medical problems and glad to hear that things are improving for you. Best to you.....

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 2:29am
post #10 of 12

Wow...sounds like my hubby in March...he was hospitalized for Resp failure due to H1N1..Damned near died on me the first few days in ICU...You are one very lucky lady....

Here's to a New Year and better health!!!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 2:37am
post #11 of 12

thanks guys. I still have months of physical therapy to do. using walker and wheelchair to get around. my leg muscles went to crap due to the lymphadema problem I have. but getting stronger everday. still on O2 continuosly and neb treatments every 6 hours.

kiddiekakes, I am so glad your hubby is better. I scared my hubby too. H1N1 is nothing to play around with. I got my vaccine for it thankfully. so mine was just double pneumonia. very scary time. I am just so glad your hubby is okay.

want to talk about depressing.... I am having to eat a little debbie zebra cake!!!!!! LOL icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif I want real cake!! icon_biggrin.gif

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 1:03am
post #12 of 12

Glad to have you back! Sorry about the Little Debbie cakes LOL! Hopefully you will be up and baking soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%