What Icing Tip Is This?

Decorating By cloetzu Updated 7 Jan 2011 , 7:09pm by TexasSugar

cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 4

Can someone tell me what icing tip is used in this picture: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1694620

I see it all the time but haven't been able to find a large plain round tip liket that? I read somewwhere that you can use the coupler with no tip to achieve that effect but I tried that and the coupler has a groove on the side which leaves a dent in it as you go around (even when it starts at the bottom and is not visible)???? or am i missing something?

3 replies
annie84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annie84 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 4

The Wilton couplers typically have a groove in the side to hold a specific tip. I'm not sure if Wilton has any without the groove, but PME does. I use my PME coupler when decorating cupcakes like the ones shown in that photo.

YorkieMaMa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YorkieMaMa Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 4

Couldn't you just take a parchment triangle, make a pastry bag and cut off the tip to make a large enough hole?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%