Vehicle For Cake Transport...what Is Your Recommendation?

Decorating By KristiBrooke Updated 7 Jan 2011 , 4:31pm by CWR41

KristiBrooke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristiBrooke Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 3:06am
post #1 of 6

Hi Cake Centralers! My family is searching for a new vehicle...and in the midst of features, we want to be sure it's good for transporting CAKES.

That's where all of you come in...what experience have you had with vehicles and cake transport that you have loved ... and hated.

Thank you all for helping in this decision!

5 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 5:48am
post #2 of 6

Here's a similar thread about SUV/car shopping and leather/cloth seats:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-676311-suv.html

Perhaps you'll find it somewhat helpful. Have fun on your quest.

racechick311x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
racechick311x Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 6:03am
post #3 of 6

I got a Ford Edge a few months ago and it is so perfect for cakes! Plenty of flat room! When we were looking at it and playing with folding down the back seats my 3 year old said "Mommy, look at all the room for cupcakes" icon_smile.gif

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 7:43am
post #4 of 6

I love my Yukon but I think any vehicle that has a wide door and cargo space would be fine. I've also used a Subaru wagon it was great too.

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 2:23pm
post #5 of 6

I didn't post in that thread, but I do remember another thread about cars for cakes at some point.

I have a Honda Element. It rocks for cakes. You do need to put down some non-skid to keep things from sliding around, but that's it! And the inside is all plastic on the bottom, so you can literally hose out the car if you need to! And there's no leather or anything in the car, so even the seats are an easy clean.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchockeyguy

I didn't post in that thread, but I do remember another thread about cars for cakes at some point.

I thought so too... thanks for mentioning that, it was easier to find with a name in the author search field!

Best vehicle for cake deliveries:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-689359-honda.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%