Centerpiece Cakes?

Decorating By cupcakesnbuttercream Updated 6 Jan 2011 , 12:55pm by cupcakesnbuttercream

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 7:30am
post #1 of 6

Has anyone done cakes as centerpieces for an event? If so, What size?, How many?, Buttercream or fondant? and what did you charge?

Thanks!

5 replies
reggiebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reggiebakes Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 8:12am
post #2 of 6

A friend recently did this for a charity event and used cake dummies covered in fondant. She had just opened up a new bakery and did it no-charge to plug her business.

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 8:42am
post #3 of 6

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea for promotion purposes.

I was asked to do this for a wedding, hopefully I can get a little more input from others who have experience.

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 9:34am
post #4 of 6

I haven't done them but just a few things I thought of:
Are they real cakes that are going to be eaten afterwards? If they are, that should give a guide to the size you'll need depending on the number of people? Charging as though it was a normal cake would be the most straight forward?
If they are going on tables where people will be sitting, for flowers, etc it is normally advised they are not too high to prevent people being able to see each other across the table so that might be a consideration?
If neither of those are the case then thats not much help, sorry.

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 10:27am
post #5 of 6

this is a great thread I saved abot centrepiece cakes. Indydebi makes soooo much sense!!!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-636114-centrepiece.html

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 12:55pm
post #6 of 6

Jennifer353 I'm assuming she wants real cakes that are to be eaten, since she's mentioning servings.

Cakechick123 Thanks a bunch! that thread really helped! .....also makes you re-think having a bunch of mini cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%