Surfing + Wrestling Cake???

Decorating By Stephy42088 Updated 7 Jan 2011 , 10:33pm by crp7

Stephy42088 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephy42088 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone!
I am making cakes for the local high school cake auction and the theme this year is "Riding the wave to success" which I assume is surfing, or waves theme. This is the biggest fundraiser of the year and the cakes are out of this world detailed and huge. Last year they had a golf course cake go for $3500! I am doing the cakes for the youth wrestling club and a multi sport cake. My question is, how do you incorporate the two ideas? They seem so different. I came up with doing a wrestling mat with 2 wrestling on surfboards and a lei or hula on, and then waves around the sides of the cake. Another idea was to have one wrestling riding the wave and crashing down on a wrestling from an opposing team? I have no idea lol And I really don't know what to do about the multi sport one. Any ideas?? I know you all are super creative!! Thanks in advance!

1 reply
crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 2

When I saw the title of the post my first thought was similar to yours. Have a wrestler riding a wave on a surfboard getting ready to jump on another wrestler or something like that. If you can duplicate the school's wrestling uniform on the wrestler that would look great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%