Airbrush

Decorating By mich1 Updated 6 Sep 2005 , 2:00pm by stephanie214

mich1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mich1 Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 5

I really like the airbrush on the cakes and would like to get an airbrush machine myself. My question is do you have to get one made for cakes or can you use any type of small airbrush machine. I saw a small one of ebay that is a lot less then the ones I see on some of the cake supply websites. The one on ebay says you can use compressed air in a can or a small air compressor. I will just be using it to make cakes for home, not professionally.

Thanks,
Michelle

4 replies
ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 5

Hi,

Once you get hooked on airbrushing cakes you may be sorry that you didn't get the better one.

KOPYKAKE has one that is complete with the colors, the compressor or motor is red. Make sure you get the optional moisture filter for your airbrush.

I kept my compressor but quickly moved up to the AZTEC airbrush that the Winbeckler's use.

It has a finer tip, has the option for you to buy bigger cups for the color and it also has a better control trigger.

I hope this helps

crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 4:26am
post #3 of 5

My daughter has an Badger airbrush set with a compresser that she had when she was in school. Can this be used on cakes too or does it have to be a special kind of airbrush for cake decorating?

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 10:28am
post #4 of 5

whatever work, especially if you already have one, try it...if you like it you can then upgrade!

My advice if for someone just starting, they may want to get one up already, so they are not buying several.

IN otherwords, be ready for the upgrade before you needed it? Once you get hooked on airbrushing, it's hard to stop!..lol

Too many great stencils out there!

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 2:00pm
post #5 of 5

Hi crimsonhair,

I pulled out my Badger airbrush that I use to use to do nails and cleaned it up and sterilized it and it worked fine.

I brought a bottle of airbrush color that was on clearance to try it out before purchasing the main colors and now I can't wait for Friday to purchase the colors and get started.

Forgot to tell you that the only color on clearance was orange. Why couldn't it have been a red, blue, yellow or green. icon_cry.gif

So pull out that Badger and get to work spraying and having fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%