For Those Who Offer Free Anniversary Cakes

Business By KTB4 Updated 29 Dec 2010 , 2:10am by -K8memphis

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 9

what do you do for cupcake weddings?

I'm going to offer a free 6" cake on the first anniversary inspired by but not a replica of their top tier. I don't know what to do about cupcake wedding though? Especially if they just get cupcakes and no 6" cake on top as a cutting tier.

What do you guys do?

8 replies
cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 9

I haven't come across this situation before but I think I'd offer them a choice of either a 6" round or a dozen cupcakes.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 9

I'd just do two cupcakes, one for the bride and one for the groom. You could put them in a cute box with a ribbon to fancy it up some.

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 9

I would do 2 large cupcakes or use one of the mini wedding cake pans. They have 6 molds in the pan and turn out super cute as a mini wedding cake once decorated.

Mama_Mias_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 9

I would do 1/2 dozen cupcakes decorated the way theirs were all in 1 flavor.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB4

what do you do for cupcake weddings?

I'm going to offer a free 6" cake on the first anniversary inspired by but not a replica of their top tier. I don't know what to do about cupcake wedding though? Especially if they just get cupcakes and no 6" cake on top as a cutting tier.

What do you guys do?

I dont do replicas for anniversary cakes. Too expensive. All my customers get the free anniversary cake of the same design. 6 inch, any flavor or filing, with buttercream and swirl design, and royal icing flowers on top. We do them in like 10 minutes.

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 10:54pm
post #7 of 9

That's a good idea to do a half dozen cupcakes instead. Thanks icon_smile.gif

loriemoms - I have no intention of doing a replica of the top tier but would like it to be "inspired" by it if possible. For example for my girlfriend I would do a teal coloured buttercream (not fondant like her original cake) with chocolate brown details. I would skip the gumpaste anemones though.

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 11:33pm
post #8 of 9

I would still offer a 6". That's what I offer regardless of what they ordered for their wedding. I try to decorate it in the same theme as the wedding.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 2:10am
post #9 of 9

I give two 'free' cakes delivered with the wedding cake. Made from scraps as in cut off tops of cakes and extra batter--it's pretty easy to find two five inch cakes in the extras. One is a honeymoon cake and one is for the anniversary. Boxed. I can't be thinking about a whole year later. That's what works for me.

I would do the same for a cupcake wedding cake.
I don't think cupcakes would last a year.
But I'd probably do cuppies for the honeymoon cake/s.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%