What Do You Think Of This Name.....

Business By dst10spr97 Updated 30 Dec 2010 , 1:12am by JenniferMI

dst10spr97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dst10spr97 Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 19

My hubby loves to cook and make desserts, which is why he was gung ho about me taking up cake decorating. He eventually wants to take some classes too. I think I mentioned I may have mentioned this before. Unfortunately we live in Florida so I can't have a home based baking business. Once I get more experience in my skills we are going to look at renting a commercial space possibly or another option. We noticed there are no bakeries or similar companies in our immediate area, or so we though. A cupcakery just opened down the street.

Anyhoo we love to cook together. We are like the Neelys but with less income and no TV show. icon_biggrin.gif So I was trying to think of a cute business name and a cute tag line. Since our last name starts with a B I was thinking of some way to incorporate that in the name. So while having our coffee a few days ago I was thinking about how we always call each other Honey Lamb, or Honey Bear. And I also call my new baby girl my Sweetie Honey Precious or my Honey Bunches of Oats. LOL I know you are laughing. So it dawned on me Honey B's Cakes and Desserts. I want to focus on cakes and cupcakes but we will also offer a limited number of other desserts such as Banana Pudding, and this to die for cobbler (recipe passed down from his favorite grandmother.) I checked online and no one is using the name as well as a fictitious name is concerned. Now if we ever wanted a website www.honeybees.com is taken but www.hbees.com is not I don't think. Anyway just an idea I had and wanted some input. Haven't come up with a cute tagline yet though.

18 replies
cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 19

I think it is adorable. Kind of whimsical. I think it sounds good.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 19

It's adorable!

nannykaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannykaren Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 19

Your logo could be a little bee with a chef's hat, maybe with a wooden spoon in his hand.

"Let us BEE your sweet source"

"You'll BEE satisfied with our sweets"

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 19

I like it!!!

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 4:07pm
post #6 of 19

"Your day would not BEE complete, without a dessert from "Honey B's"

Love it!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 4:27pm
post #7 of 19

"For your next celebration it better BE from Honey B's!"

I LOVE the name!!!

xanikesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xanikesmom Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 4:37pm
post #8 of 19

I love the name! The only thing that I would say is to keep the name and website in sync. So if your name is Honey B's (just the letter B) I wouldn't have the website say Bee (The insect) in the name...people might get confused and not be able to find your website. But the bee logo would be adorable! Best of luck!

Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 4:59pm
post #9 of 19

I love it!!

dst10spr97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dst10spr97 Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 5:12pm
post #10 of 19

Thanks I thought it was cute too. And you guys rock with the tag lines too.

online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 5:24pm
post #11 of 19

I love the name and all the suggested tag lines! I say go for it!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 6:36pm
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanikesmom

The only thing that I would say is to keep the name and website in sync.

I don't think that's necessary...people will find your web site via search engines, online advertising, or by typing the name directly from a business card/print ad/flyer. When was the last time you tried to guess a company's domain based on the business name by typing it directly into the address bar?

Something like honeybcakes.com would probably work.

sleeman789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleeman789 Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 6:59pm
post #13 of 19

I love it... very cute and well thought of! icon_smile.gif

Kaylani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaylani Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 7:09pm
post #14 of 19

Love it!

brownsugacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brownsugacake Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 11:16pm
post #15 of 19

Sounds Cute to me.

Torts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Torts Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 11:34pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkraft

When was the last time you tried to guess a company's domain based on the business name by typing it directly into the address bar?

Haha I do that all the time. Usually eliminates the step of running a search! Perhaps I'm in the minority, though. But I'd agree to try to keep it synchronized across the board.

Love the name! Super cute.

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 3:03am
post #17 of 19

I would order from a Honey B's! I think its cute icon_smile.gif

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 3:24am
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkraft

When was the last time you tried to guess a company's domain based on the business name by typing it directly into the address bar?

Haha I do that all the time. Usually eliminates the step of running a search! Perhaps I'm in the minority, though. But I'd agree to try to keep it synchronized across the board.

You need to be very careful when doing this, malicious individuals often register misspellings of common business names as spam sites or worse. It's safer to type the company name or domain into a search engine if you're not sure what the domain is.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 1:12am
post #19 of 19

LUV it!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%