How Much Do You Charge For Spinning Leaf Moled/dipped Oreos?

Baking By Zamode Updated 31 Dec 2010 , 8:32am by SecretAgentCakeBaker

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 3:28am
post #1 of 7

IN what quantity also, half dozen or dozen? Not sure what to charge. . . TIA thumbs_up.gif

That's what I meant, Leah, I changed the post! thumbs_up.gif Thanks for sharing your link.

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 4:01am
post #2 of 7

I don't do dipped, I do molded. www.LouisvilleCookie.com

mlocklear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlocklear Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 3:17am
post #3 of 7

I charge $1 per Oreo and I do dipped, not molded, usually with transfer sheets as decorations. Good luck!

Zamode Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 6:28am
post #4 of 7

Thank you both! From what I have found searching online as well, they are pretty pricey! Time to adjust my prices!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 12:48am
post #5 of 7

I figured out a while back that it costs me approximately 33 cents each to make a molded Oreo (that includes the cupcake liner that I use to hold the finished Oreo. It also is for the original doublestuff Oreo. It would be higher for the flavors, as you get fewer Oreos per package for those). It's probably a bit higher now, as Oreos have gone up quite a bit since I did the math. The best thing about them is that they stay fresh forever!

Zamode Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 3:28am
post #6 of 7

Thanks Susan! It depends where you get the Oreos, too--by me the Walmart they are $2.49 and my local grocery they are around $4.09!

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 8:32am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

It also is for the original doublestuff Oreo. It would be higher for the flavors, as you get fewer Oreos per package for those).

The thinner Oreos should also cost more to make because they use more chocolate. I think the price of the chocolate is probably higher than the cookie, though I have never figured it out. I never knew you get less in the pack of the colors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%