How Do You Prepare Your Pans?

Decorating By YorkieMaMa Updated 27 Dec 2010 , 6:50pm by Mb20fan

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 2:03am
post #31 of 37

I agree K8. I just never think of it until after I'm already gagging. I should buy a supply of masks and keep them in with my measuring cups, then I can't forget them.

sandeeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandeeb Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 2:20am
post #32 of 37

Hi, I use the homemade pan grease with the recipe being:
2 cups shortening
1 cup flour

And then I mix it till fluffy in my mixer, store it in an air tight container,
keep it in the fridge until ready to grease pans, use a brush(plastic about 2 inches wide works great) to brush it on no mess. Less time consuming. I usually mix enough to last a while.
Keep in the fridge when not in use.

I like this better than anything else I have used.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 3:00pm
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

I agree K8. I just never think of it until after I'm already gagging. I should buy a supply of masks and keep them in with my measuring cups, then I can't forget them.

Brilliant.

Guess we should put masks in with our dusts & airbrush too huh. And when we're sifitng. I mean you basically only get the one set of internal 'air bags".

cownsj Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 6:26pm
post #34 of 37

Ah, if only we had an airbrush to need the mask for....... Of course, I'd never get to even try it, my husband wants one so badly....lol But yeah, there really is so much dust (flour and sugar) and grease flying around to fill our lungs it's not good for us at all.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 6:33pm
post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

Ah, if only we had an airbrush to need the mask for....... Of course, I'd never get to even try it, my husband wants one so badly....lol But yeah, there really is so much dust (flour and sugar) and grease flying around to fill our lungs it's not good for us at all.

Set aside one mask that you can think of as airbrush 'seed'.
Someday it will 'grow' an airbrush to protect you from.

icon_biggrin.gif

cownsj Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 6:49pm
post #36 of 37

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Good idea. I'll put my piggy bank next to it and just keep feeding it.

Mb20fan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mb20fan Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 6:50pm
post #37 of 37

Can't remember where I read or heard this tip, but instead of using flour (for those of you that do), use a little cake mix instead. Has the same effect and tastes better. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%