Barbie Doll Dress

Decorating By Colliegirl Updated 24 Dec 2010 , 2:38pm by Colliegirl

Colliegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Colliegirl Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 5

Hi folks, I am about to do a barbie doll. Her dress is divided into swags and I am trying to find an easy way to divide the dress for the application of these swags. I have a crooked eye so its not possible for me to determine how even these swags would be. Does anyone have an idea of how to do this. I do have a swag measurer, if that's what it is called, but I have never used it because I couldn't figure out how to. icon_confused.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies
HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 5

Find the center in relation to the doll's belly button. Then just go out evenly from both sides.

Make your marks and start decorating!

Colliegirl Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 5

I am afraid as much as I like your assumption that I can do things evenly that is not the case. Do you know how to use the swag measure thingy? I don't know what else to call it. It may be the only thing I can use to get things evenly but I am not sure how to use it.

Thanks

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 5

Maybe take out a thin strip of parchment paper, put it around the dress, cut it to exactly the size of the circumference of the dress.

Fold the strip in half, then in half again, then in half again, as many times as you want swags.

Then put it back on the dress, and mark where the folds are.

Colliegirl Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 5

Hmm, that sounds good, I think I shall try that. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%