Tell Me To Stop: Looking At Box Under Tree, Think It's Agbay

Lounge By emrldsky Updated 2 Jan 2011 , 4:10pm by JulieMN

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 49

So, I keep wondering exactly the size and shape of the box an Agbay single-blade comes in because I asked for one for Christmas. There's a box under the tree for me and I think it's about right for one, but I really just need to stop it, lol.

I don't snoop for presents, and I don't sneak open any because that just ruins it, but I can't help but hope. icon_biggrin.gif

With all of that...I need other things to think about...like everything we need to do before we pack up for the holidays...baking the rest of the cookies and decorating...hoping I got an Agba.....see! I keep doing it!!!!

48 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 49

Is it a long box? Maybe not too tall? icon_lol.gif I know, I'm no help here! icon_biggrin.gif Whatever you do, DON'T SHAKE THE BOX!! It may be a ship in a bottle! icon_lol.gif

emrldsky Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Is it a long box? Maybe not too tall? icon_lol.gif I know, I'm no help here! icon_biggrin.gif Whatever you do, DON'T SHAKE THE BOX!! It may be a ship in a bottle! icon_lol.gif

I'm not touching it and I'm trying to stay away from it. Unfortunately, I was home sick all day yesterday and when I was awake, it was staring at me.

Part of the reason I don't want to get my hopes up is that the cost is actually over the budget that DH and I set. However, I do know that DH and I have a habit of blowing the budget for large items and then paying ourselves back out of our little pocket of money. It's all in the same account, but in different cells on the gigantic spreadsheet, lol.

So while I hope that it's an Agbay, I worry that he didn't get me one because it was too pricey. And then I worry I'll be upset that he didn't want to spend extra on me, cuz I'm totally worth it.

Doesn't help that I'm pregnant and although I haven't had any mood swings (I'm more mellow, in fact), I do cry easier and might not be able to hide disappointment as well as I used to.

Like the time I thought he got me an engagement ring and it was merely a neck massager. I mean, it wasn't until after we were married that he knew I wasn't thrilled with his thoughtful gift he kept saying he knew I'd love. icon_wink.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 49

fingers crossed icon_smile.gif

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 4:10pm
post #5 of 49

Shake it! Shake it! Oh for the love of all things sugary, shake the ding dang box!!

Then put it back neatly, and report back here.

That is all.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 4:12pm
post #6 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

So while I hope that it's an Agbay, I worry that he didn't get me one because it was too pricey. And then I worry I'll be upset that he didn't want to spend extra on me, cuz I'm totally worth it.

Doesn't help that I'm pregnant and although I haven't had any mood swings (I'm more mellow, in fact), I do cry easier and might not be able to hide disappointment as well as I used to.

There you go, if it's not an Agbay, turn on the waterworks!! icon_lol.gif

naubin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naubin Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 4:39pm
post #7 of 49

My husband is such a sweetheart!! He planned this out so well, he ordered an agbay for me for Christmas on our daughter's IPOD so I would not be able to see anything on our computer's history. Well when the beautiful box came (which is long and narrow, hint hinticon_smile.gif he put it in our room on our bed along with some boxes from Kohls that had also came that day. When I got home from work he said I put all of your boxes in the room before the kids got home so they wouldn't see them. I went in to check things out and picked up the box that came from AGBAY and went out and asked him if he had by any chance ordered me an AGBAY for Christmas?? He said don't even tell me that was one of the boxes that I put in our room?? I said thank you, and I love you very much! I felt horrible that the surprise was ruined, so if you can keep yourself from finding out early it will truely be an awesome Christmas surpise!!!!

Merry Christmas all!!

emrldsky Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 4:42pm
post #8 of 49

Fairly long (about as long as the foldable sawhorses I got him!) and definitely narrow, which is why I've been glaring at the box, lol.

I might just have to pick it up when he's not around, but I soo don't want to do it (ok, I do, but I don't), lol.

Ya'll are bad influences! lol

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 4:56pm
post #9 of 49

I hope it's an agbay! What a great gift.
Don't know how you are able to keep from peeking - I would!! Gently open the wrapping paper, take a peek and then wrap it up again!

Don't forget to let us know!

emrldsky Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 5:01pm
post #10 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire138

I hope it's an agbay! What a great gift.
Don't know how you are able to keep from peeking - I would!! Gently open the wrapping paper, take a peek and then wrap it up again!

Don't forget to let us know!

The guilt would eat at me and I would just feel horrible. That's a big reason I've been hands-off with it so far. icon_biggrin.gif

Then again, if I do lift it up and set it down, that's no worse then him carrying in his wrapped sawhorses from the garage and placing it under the tree (my mom made me promise not to lift them, saying they were too heavy for me.). Hmmmm......

ccordes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccordes Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 5:06pm
post #11 of 49

Perfect way to open a present without getting caught...use a super sharp paring knife to cut the tape, gently open it up and take a look, then retape it with pieces that are exactly the same size as the ones you cut. icon_lol.gif I might have perfected this when I was younger, but I have not peaked once this year!! I even wrapped my presents (in the boxes they were shipped in from amazon) for my husband because I was wrapping everything and they were just sitting there. All without peaking! So proud of myself, lol.

I hope it is an Agbay! It sounds like the shape of the box might be right.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 5:18pm
post #12 of 49

emrldsky,

This was me last year. My parents had a box that was just the right size. I was so over the moon. So excited, couldn't wait to open it ....it was glass vases my mom bought me to decorate my house. I am positive I did not hide my disappointment very well. I wasn't hurt or even upset, I had just built it up in my mind and it was a total let down. So on that note, just in case, have your fake happy face ready if it's not an Agbay. FYI, I spent the next few months socking away my fun money and ordered an Agbay for myself. Best gift to myself ever. All you have to do is think everytime you want to go to dinner, or buy a shirt, think that money could go to my agbay and pop the money in a jar. It won't take long at all. A chunk of mine came from my tax return as well.

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 5:36pm
post #13 of 49

"The guilt would eat at me and I would just feel horrible. That's a big reason I've been hands-off with it so far."

You're right but I hate surprises as I always worry that I won't like them and won't have the appropriate reaction so I would seriously contemplate peeking! Although, my husband is terrible at keeping presents a secret or even waiting for the day so he would probably give it to me early anyway (basically as soon as he buys it- no kidding, I once got an anniversary gift 2 months in advance and then when the day came round he felt bad to have nothing to give me so got me something else!)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 7:05pm
post #14 of 49

Stay away.

As my 3 year old grandson told me yesterday, "Banna, you can't touch your presents yet or you'll RUIN Christmas!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

CakeDiva101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva101 Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 7:27pm
post #15 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GCakes

Shake it! Shake it! Oh for the love of all things sugary, shake the ding dang box!!

That is all.

OMG! You are as bad as me!!!! icon_biggrin.gif I can't stop stalking the Christmas Tree. Hubby already told me that if I so much touch, shake it or come too close to ANY boxes I will get NONE!!!!! Agby was on my list, among other cake things,,,I hope you get yours! thumbs_up.gif

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 7:36pm
post #16 of 49

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Glad I'm not the only one being tortured by not knowing gifts, too funny- I think I am worse now then when I was a child..
Jodi icon_smile.gif

emrldsky Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 7:37pm
post #17 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Stay away.

As my 3 year old grandson told me yesterday, "Banna, you can't touch your presents yet or you'll RUIN Christmas!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

And that's exactly what's stopping me! I've NEVER been this tempted before, ever! And I've never been one to peek at presents, because I really do just enjoy opening gifts (they don't even have to be for me, lol) and love the surprise within.

I still remember DH telling me about the one time he found all his Christmas presents as a kid. He said he was so excited that he knew what he was getting, but when Christmas came around, he was so sad and let down because nothing was a surprise. And that's how we both know we can trust each other not to peek. icon_biggrin.gif

audrey0522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audrey0522 Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 7:46pm
post #18 of 49

My AGBAY box is about 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 26" and weighs a little less then 4 lbs. Hope that helps!

emrldsky Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 7:49pm
post #19 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by audrey0522

My AGBAY box is about 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 26" and weighs a little less then 4 lbs. Hope that helps!

Oh you're bad!!! lololol Now I'm picturing the box in my head.... lol

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 8:32pm
post #20 of 49

I hope you get the Agbay! I want one really bad too, but I know it's not in our budget right now, so I would be completely shocked if I got one!
And congrats on the baby! Looks like you and I are due within a week or so of each other!

snocilla Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 8:33pm
post #21 of 49

Make that 4 days! icon_smile.gif

lauriekailee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauriekailee Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 8:46pm
post #22 of 49
Quote:

That is all.

OMG!! I almost pee'd myself!! HAAAAA!!

I would open it and re-wrap it!!!...but, what is an Agbay??

emrldsky Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 8:49pm
post #23 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by snocilla

I hope you get the Agbay! I want one really bad too, but I know it's not in our budget right now, so I would be completely shocked if I got one!
And congrats on the baby! Looks like you and I are due within a week or so of each other!

Oh congrats to you too!!! They said my "adjusted" due date is really April 2, but because it's within a week, they're leaving it at the 7th. Do you know what you're having?

snocilla Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 8:49pm
post #24 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriekailee

Quote:

That is all.

OMG!! I almost pee'd myself!! HAAAAA!!

I would open it and re-wrap it!!!...but, what is an Agbay??

Probably the most recommended cake leveler out there! But for your reference: http://agbayproducts.com/

snocilla Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 8:51pm
post #25 of 49
Quote:

Quote:

Oh congrats to you too!!! They said my "adjusted" due date is really April 2, but because it's within a week, they're leaving it at the 7th. Do you know what you're having?

We are having a girl! I am due April 3rd, but I am pretty sure she is coming on April 1st, simply because she already 'April fooled' us with her mere existence! icon_smile.gif

emrldsky Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 8:51pm
post #26 of 49
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We are having a girl! I am due April 3rd, but I am pretty sure she is coming on April 1st, simply because she already 'April fooled' us with her mere existence! icon_smile.gif

We are also having a girl. icon_biggrin.gif We totally planned her but life likes to throw jokes at me now and then so I fear for an April Fool's day baby myself. icon_biggrin.gif

snocilla Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 8:53pm
post #27 of 49
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We are also having a girl. icon_biggrin.gif We totally planned her but life likes to throw jokes at me now and then so I fear for an April Fool's day baby myself. icon_biggrin.gif

LOL! We planned our first two, but this one was a shocker! We thought we were done!

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 8:58pm
post #28 of 49
Quote:

That is all.

You made me laugh.

pixiefuncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pixiefuncakes Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 9:41pm
post #29 of 49

Oh the sweet agony!

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 9:44pm
post #30 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiefuncakes

Oh the sweet agony!