Suggestions For A Name For This Snack Mix?

Lounge By banananutmuffin Updated 23 Dec 2010 , 9:13am by adventuregal

banananutmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banananutmuffin Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 17

It's traditionally called "white trash," I think, and is basically a Chex Mix with chex, peanuts, pretzels, m&ms and Cheerios coated in white chocolate. I want to bring it to holiday parties and package for gifts this year, but would like a better name for it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

16 replies
cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 17

How about a "Winter Mix"?

My neighbor makes this using white almond bark. I only had it last year for the first time and I asked her what it was called. She didn't know..... lol But it's delicious.

deah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deah Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 9:35pm
post #3 of 17

White Trash is the name I know it by also. I like cownsj suggestion of Winter Mix. You could also play around with Snow - like Blizzard Mix, Snowy Trail Mix maybe even White Christmas Mix.

cownsj Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 17

What a name (the original), and I never heard of it til last year. I was torn when I got some between gobbling it all up because I just didn't want to stop eating it, and saving it forever so I wouldn't run out...... LOL

I know they are going to love their treat, whatever name you give it.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 17

I've heard of a similar mixture called "chocolate nosh."

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 10:06pm
post #6 of 17

White Chocolate Dreams? I've had this stuff and it's yummy. I think you could call it anything you want. White Christmas Mix

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 10:06pm
post #7 of 17

We make trash, which would be like the orginal chex mix (only we use Crispix and no Chex) so the name makes sense to me. I made some using the white chocolate, and had no idea what to call it either. I guess now I know. icon_smile.gif

cownsj Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 10:08pm
post #8 of 17

You know, I'm very stumped. I think, maybe, you should send me some to try. I'll think about each name as I try a different piece and see if I can come to a concensus for the the name. Sound good to you? thumbs_up.gif

cownsj Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 10:10pm
post #9 of 17

Actually, if you ONLY make it at Christmas, like my neighbor does, then I like the name White Christmas mix. It makes it a special Christmas treat that everyone will be asking you for, espeically with the name they won't forget. If you make it throughout the winter, then I'd go with the more generic winter/snow sounding names.

banananutmuffin Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 10:36pm
post #10 of 17

Well, I was actually thinking about making it all year long... using red/green m&ms for Christmas, pastel m&ms for Easter, orange and black m&ms for Halloween... you get the idea.

The only other idea I could come up with was "Snowman Poop" for the mix name. (And then "Bunny Poop" for Easter, "Ghost Poop" for Halloween, etc.). But that name isn't any more appealing than White Trash! LOL

cownsj Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 10:48pm
post #11 of 17

Maybe we're all thinking too small. If we were to think like Greggy, maybe the name could be something like

White Christmas, Explode in your mouth, one of a kind, out of this world, taste sensation whose name changes with each Holiday, white chocolate covered treats.....

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 10:59pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by banananutmuffin

The only other idea I could come up with was "Snowman Poop" for the mix name.

Several years ago I had found a cute little poem about snowman poop which was meant to be presented prettily on a cute card attached to a baggie of mini marshmallows as a joke.

ETA...here's the link

http://hubpages.com/hub/Snowman-Poop-Poem

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 11:00pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

Maybe we're all thinking too small. If we were to think like Greggy, maybe the name could be something like

White Christmas, Explode in your mouth, one of a kind, out of this world, taste sensation whose name changes with each Holiday, white chocolate covered treats.....

LOL I love Greggy....

White Chocolate Orgasmic Nummy for your Tummy Goodness...

banananutmuffin Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 11:18pm
post #14 of 17

Well, my first name is Carla, so maybe "Carla's Crunch" or something like that. I have a feeling my in-laws are going to love this mix (Hubby's family is almost entirely women... and what woman doesn't love a salt/sweet crunchy snack?).

cownsj Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 11:22pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by banananutmuffin

Well, my first name is Carla, so maybe "Carla's Crunch" or something like that. I have a feeling my in-laws are going to love this mix (Hubby's family is almost entirely women... and what woman doesn't love a salt/sweet crunchy snack?).

PERFECT! And it works for every holiday. You didn't even need us, but we're having fun with the name ..... thumbs_up.gif

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 11:30pm
post #16 of 17

thats funny, my sister makes this and uses Zero bars. She calls it "Snowman Poop" or Snowman droppings.

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 9:13am
post #17 of 17

I call mine Christmas Crunch-so how about Carla's Christmas Crunch?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%