What Would You Put On Your Caking Christmas List

Decorating By LaBellaTorta Updated 20 Dec 2010 , 3:58pm by aswartzw

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:04am
post #31 of 42

Ginger, the link for the Agbay is 6 messages above yours in this thread.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:40am
post #32 of 42

I asked for a 6" ML square cake pan.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:41am
post #33 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswartzw

you should ask for TWO!!! icon_wink.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 4:12am
post #34 of 42

I pretty much have all the big ticket tools now. I am investing in the cutter sets now. Looking forward to the damask ones that Jennifer Dontz is working on.....

I NEVER realized how much time the Agbay would save me....LOVE it!

leah_s Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 4:18am
post #35 of 42

oooo . . . I have the Brandenberg lace ones. What's coming next?

Odyssey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Odyssey Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 6:16am
post #36 of 42

I think the question is what ISN'T on my caking gift list. ^-^ I'm a hobby baker and would love an Agbay... but can't justify it yet. I want some hex, petal, and paisley pans in that order. I want a professional tilting turntable. I want an airbrush set even though I probably won't get as much use out of it as I would like. I want all sorts of cutters and tools for fondant and gumpaste. Sooo many toys, but none are going to be mine until at least next October unless there is a big sale. I just don't cake enough for people to think of those things for me. I think the turntable will be my next investment.

shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 8:18am
post #37 of 42

I've got some Silpats and Magic Line pans on my list!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:29pm
post #38 of 42

Leah_s - when I was looking for cutters for a damask pattern, I called and talked to Jennifer. She said she was going to work on a new set specifically for damask. Not sure when she will get them done, but I am watching! I ended up buying several different sets, and I will get the new ones she makes whenever she comes out with them!

cakestars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestars Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 2:56pm
post #39 of 42

which airbrush is everyone getting? i want one too but wasn't sure which is best. i've had my eye on the kopykake...

leah_s Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 3:05pm
post #40 of 42

Odyssey, My advice (and you didn't ask for it) is to forgo the tilting turntable. Whenever I need to work on a cake at an angle (for easier writing on the side of a cake, for example) I just shove a bench scraper under the cake board. The handle elevates the cake perfectly. I've been caking for 50 years and never, ever had a tilting turntable on my wish list. Also, it's just something extra to store.

cakeastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeastic Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 3:29pm
post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

If you are getting into fondant, invest in the PME tools (start with the basic kit first.) Things like that. Then slowly build up to whatever you need/want. (I wish someone had told me this before I bought every Wilton piece of junk out there and threw it all away a year later when I was first starting out!)

LOL! I too bought every peice of Wilton junk i found and later dicovered that many are useless.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 3:58pm
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswartzw

you should ask for TWO!!! icon_wink.gif

I would but my list was already overflowing. My mom told me she wasn't getting it because shipping cost more than the pan and I told her if she didn't, I'd have to. LOL. I ended up finding it on Amazon with free shipping but it at least gave me an excuse to explain to mom why cakes are so expensive!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%