Stethoscope

Decorating By ktbug Updated 17 Dec 2010 , 2:09am by mommynana

ktbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktbug Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 4

Ok I am in need of some ideas on how to make a stethoscope. I saw some great ones here on CC and thought I would ask for some help. It doesn't need to be any bigger than the real thing. I think I am going to put in on top of a 12 in round. Thanks in advance!

Kati

3 replies
bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 4

I will voluntarily give you mine lol! We have been SLAMMED at work and I dont want it anymore!

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 1:49am
post #3 of 4

I just made one! I have it in my photo gallery.
Steps I took: First you have to know how you are going to lay it on the cake... you take it from there. To know how big, I took my 12" heart shape mold and put it next to me to eyeball the size of it.
1.- I roll out two sausages pieces of MMF with tylose and shape it as the little hook things that goes into the ears and let it dry, You might want to make it thicker than the ones I made , because mine broke icon_sad.gif but manage it to glue it together again.
2.- At the same time I molded by hand the little round piece that is place on the chest; with MMF and tylose again ( you can make these decorations with gumpaste or reg fondant, I just did it with the one I had made) Let it dry.
3.- The black part I made it on the day I decorated the cake because I need it to be flexible. I made the "U" shape first and after the longer one, on the black one I mixed MMF with gumpaste, I need it to be more stiffer.

The cake mold will give you the size you need to make your decoration, just place every piece agains it , or on top of it!!
Tags for my cake is " nurse cake or medical equipment "
I hope this is understandable. Goog luck! thumbs_up.gif
CIAO

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 2:09am
post #4 of 4

ok, is it me everytime i go into someones photos all i get is a box and cant see the pic, anyone gavingthat problem???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%