Freezing Cruffles

Baking By sweetooth94 Updated 16 Dec 2010 , 2:24am by sweetooth94

sweetooth94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth94 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 16

Has anyone frozen cruffles after they've been dipped in chocolate? I've read where people have made cake balls, frozen them on a cookie sheet and transfered to ziploc bags in freezer so they just had to dip in chocolate at a later date. I want to bake, dip and FREEZE ahead of time. I will be busy the few days before Christmas so I'm trying to plan ahead so things aren't so rushed once the kids are home from school. If I can't freeze them already made, anyone know how many days can I make them ahead before they will start to go bad?

15 replies
motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 16

I freeze them all the time already dipped!!

But! i wrap them in foils.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 16

What's a cruffle?

motherofgrace Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 7:39pm
post #4 of 16

cake truffle/cake ball/ cruffle

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 8:02pm
post #5 of 16

Sweetheart - How do you go about defrosting them without them sweating? Mine always get little drops of water on them when I defrost them after they have been dipped.

motherofgrace Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 16

i defrost them in the fridge.

hwo do you wrap yours?

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 8:58pm
post #7 of 16

sweetooth94, you can make them now and they will be fine for Christmas, no need to freeze them. I just keep them in the refrigerator. HTH

sheilabelle Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 9:14pm
post #8 of 16

Well, I have 800 of them rollled, undipped, in the freezer right now. They are due 12-21-10. I would really like to take them out, defrost them, and start dipping them. One of my issues is that I don't have enough fridge space to store them if I dip them early. I should say that my cake truffles are made with onlyt cake and a little water with extract it in. I do live in Michigan, and could put them in my garage, but that would be the same as freezing them. It is 10 degrees out right now. Any advice on a time schedule on thawing and dipping would be appreciated.

pattycakesnj Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 9:21pm
post #9 of 16

I only refrigerate those truffles that have a perishable binder, like cream cheese or smbc. Sheliabelle, since you don't use anything perishable, you don't need to refrigerate them. IMHO.

motherofgrace Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 9:24pm
post #10 of 16

i have had customers leave mine out for a week( all except cheese cake) and they have been fine, dont know longer then that becasue they have never lasted longer lol

sheilabelle Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 9:25pm
post #11 of 16

Do you feel that I would be able to start dipping them 5 days in advance without refrigeration? They will be placed in a cool area of my house. I am also placing a label on them stating "Best eatten cold" (this was another idea from someone here on CC).

motherofgrace Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 9:29pm
post #12 of 16

hehe that was ME!!!!

yes I think they would be fine

pattycakesnj Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 9:34pm
post #13 of 16

agree, they will be fine.

sheilabelle Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 10:50pm
post #14 of 16

Thanks everyone. I don't know what I would do without all of my great friends here on Cake Central.

THANKS!

sheilabelle Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 1:50am
post #15 of 16

Just to let everyone know, I e-mailed Bakerella with my question, and she agreed with you. You guys rock! icon_smile.gif

sweetooth94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth94 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 2:24am
post #16 of 16

Thanks everyone...good to know. I make cruffles all the time, but as others posted - they don't last long enough to go bad. I've never had to make more than several dozen at a time and since I want to do more than that for Christmas gifts and cookie trays - I wanted some insite on how to manage my time best. Thanks for the replies!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%