Rice Crispy Treats And Fondant

Decorating By Bettyviolet101 Updated 14 Dec 2010 , 5:38am by Evoir

Bettyviolet101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettyviolet101 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 4:51am
post #1 of 6

When you put fondant over rice crispies how do you make it to where it is not bumpy? Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
karencuppycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karencuppycake Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 5:07am
post #2 of 6

Really eager to know how to! Anyone?

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 5:12am
post #3 of 6

Cover the RCT when dry with cooled ganache. Make your dark choc ganache 1 part cream to two parts chocolate and leave overnight, the next day it will be the consistency of peanut butter. Spread onto your RCT mould, then let airdry. You can get the ganache very smooth, so when the fondant is applied over the ganache there are no bumps. My Leonardo cake has a RCT head, covered in ganache and fondant if you'd like to see the result.

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 5:16am
post #4 of 6

You can use RI to spread over it also

Bettyviolet101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettyviolet101 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 5:17am
post #5 of 6

Both very excellent ideas. Thank you very much! Evoir how do you do your amazing figurines???? Do you have any tips?? They are so adorable!

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 5:38am
post #6 of 6

Aww thanks Bettyviolet...I kind of have a rough idea in my head when I start but I don't follow a plan, really. Sculpting is really one of my favourite parts to this business, so I am always happy to make a 3D cake, or figurines to go on top of a cake!

If I have one tip, it is to allow yourself enough time to make a figurine. You need to let things dry properly before adding bits to it. For example, with my Sugar People, I always make the torsos a week before, then the legs dry on for a day or two with the heads attached but not decorated. Then I do the rest in one day. I hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%