I Need A Good Recipe For Gingerbread Cookies Asap Please.

Baking By pastrychef22 Updated 14 Dec 2010 , 4:06am by Apti

pastrychef22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrychef22 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 12:11am
post #1 of 4

Hello, I need to find a good recipe for ginger bread cookies as soon as i can if anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies
neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 12:35am
post #2 of 4

Funny, that you wrote that...
That's what I'm looking for too icon_smile.gif
GL,
Jodi

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 12:38am
post #3 of 4

i just made this with my grandson last week and i thought the recipe was great it was`t very strong ginger tasting which is what i was looking for. and the ginger bread did`t break when assembled go to... cake whiz gingerbread house just google that and it will come up

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 4:06am
post #4 of 4

I CAN HELP YOU! Recently I took a gingerbread class from an extraordinary teacher, Kathleen Lange of Confectionary Chalet.com

I'd never made GB cookies, but these turn out fabulous, are not too crisp, are not too spicy, they are "just right" (like Goldilocks and the little bear's porridge) Note: A 12 ounce jar of molasses is only enough for one batch with about 1/4 of the jar left over. If you are going to make more than one batch, buy more molasses. Bake mini-cutter cookies for 8 minutes at 350, regular or large cookies for 10 minutes. I got 230 mini-cutter cookies and 3 large cookies out of one batch. This dough does NOT have to be refrigerated 1st, you can use it as soon as it's mixed. I rolled my dough out on a lightly floured parchment paper on top of cookie sheet.

In this recipe, you may increase the spices; this will give the cookies an even greater taste.

Ingredients:

5 to 5-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cloves
1 cup shortening; may use regular or butter type
1 cup granulated sugar (or) brown sugar
1-1/4 cups Light or Dark Molasses
2 eggs beaten